Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

17 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Finished up Becker this morning--129 episodes. Well, 127 I guess. Pluto TV doesn't have episodes 101 and 102 for some reason. 

I never did find the super-funny line I was looking for. So either it's in one of those two episodes, or I don't think it's funny anymore, or it was SO good they had to cut it out. Sigh. 

Love Becker. what was the line you were looking for? i can probably figure out which episode it was in. and I agree,Linda is awesome!! you can get the entire series on DVD on Amazon.the last three seasons are made "on demand".

4 hours ago, misternemo said:

Love Becker. what was the line you were looking for? i can probably figure out which episode it was in. and I agree,Linda is awesome!! you can get the entire series on DVD on Amazon.the last three seasons are made "on demand".

I WISH I knew the line I was looking for--that's why I watched the whole thing. All I remember is that the rest of the episode was stupid and lame but this one line from Becker was absolutely hilarious. 

Closest thing I found to "really funny" was this line from an early episode, maybe even the pilot: "HEY! This is a doctor's office, not an Iranian pep rally!" Hey, I didn't write it, I'm just quoting it, don't get made at me. B)

I watched it all for free on Pluto TV. Pluto's free and worth every penny. :unsure:

Got untethered from the CADD Pump and PICC Line removed this morning! Now I don’t have to go to the hospital every morning for a fresh bag of antibiotic, the. drag that around, and we can take my car places if Dad doesn’t need his buggy to get around!

18 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I WISH I knew the line I was looking for--that's why I watched the whole thing. All I remember is that the rest of the episode was stupid and lame but this one line from Becker was absolutely hilarious. 

Closest thing I found to "really funny" was this line from an early episode, maybe even the pilot: "HEY! This is a doctor's office, not an Iranian pep rally!" Hey, I didn't write it, I'm just quoting it, don't get made at me. B)

I watched it all for free on Pluto TV. Pluto's free and worth every penny. :unsure:

Yep,there are great episodes and not so great episodes,most of the not so great are in the final season. doesn't make me mad,i thought that line was great myself!! i especially loved the line from the pilot episode about the spare change. we will not see a show of this quality again i am afraid. they would be too worried that it may offend someone.

Had my annual review with my boss today. Our fiscal year runs April - March so that explains why it was done in April. I knew that we had a challenging year and despite the hurdles our group did a remarkable job in achieving the sales total we did. Was not expecting much in the review and raise department as we did not get raises last year but imagine my surprise when I got a raise that is basically equal to what I got the first two years combined with this company! Yes, hard work does get recognized and rewarded. Now  my model budget can get a raise too!  

Something I never thought about.....

The Ohio State Highway Patrol has a new tool to help rescue stray animals thanks to generous donations from a humane society.  The Ohio chapter of the United States Humane Society donated dozens of leashes to OSP for troopers to keep in their cruisers.  It happened after the agency posted about one of its sergeants rescuing a stray dog on the highway.  Now troopers all over the state will be able to keep a leash in their vehicles in case they need to make a rescue.

40 minutes ago, Joe Handley said:

Got my 1st Covid shot today, had to laugh that the 2nd is scheduled for May the 4th though🤔😄

Got my first shot today as well. No side effects so far, not even any soreness at the injection spot. A young lady ahead of me threw up and passed out. I think that was more the thought of the needle than the vaccine. Right now my second shot is booked for almost four months out.

1 hour ago, imarriedawitch said:

Got my first shot today as well. No side effects so far, not even any soreness at the injection spot. A young lady ahead of me threw up and passed out. I think that was more the thought of the needle than the vaccine. Right now my second shot is booked for almost four months out.

You know, it's funny, I've generally had no issues with needles being put into me or anybody else in my presence or on TV and in the movies, but now that i have to give myself insulin shots a couple times a day and had been sticking my fingers before going to one of those Libre' things you put on your arm for 2 weeks at a time recently, I had a difficult time doing that. I'm thinking that between the plastic model and r/c hobbies and wrenching some on my 1/1 vehicles the last 30 years plus 24 years in retail trying not to unintentionally stab myself, I had a hard time doing so on purpose and took a few weeks to get over it!

Ok so about a month ago I got booted(suspended from the site for an offensive subject),by the administration.Like to take this time to apologize to anyone who was offended by the post.And,I would also like to apologize and thank the administration for allowing me to return to being able to use this website,that I enjoy as much as I do.Anyway,I believe today or yesterday was the end of my suspension.

sorry

Thank u

22 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Big day for us! We got together with our family, six adults all vaccinated more than two weeks ago! And my three granddaughters. 

My younger daughter’s boyfriend asked me for her hand in marriage. Of course I agreed! 

3C3552E4-6348-481C-9419-0C030C86DC1C.jpeg.a6836d8003599cb787de9d59f2933ccb.jpeg

The kids table!

Congrats Tom

On 4/10/2021 at 10:42 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Big day for us! We got together with our family, six adults all vaccinated more than two weeks ago! And my three granddaughters. 

My younger daughter’s boyfriend asked me for her hand in marriage. Of course I agreed! 

3C3552E4-6348-481C-9419-0C030C86DC1C.jpeg.a6836d8003599cb787de9d59f2933ccb.jpeg

The kids table!

Congratulations Tom!

Let me join you with the same situation.

Spent awhile looking things up on the Internet trying to educate myself on the 2 dose vs. 1 dose and but in the end I can't really get a definite answer. I understand what is said but guess I wanted to reassure myself of what are my odds toward the future of the juice they injected into me.

My wife got hers with me and said the shot hurt and has a little pain but I felt much of nothing. Been having some fun with her on my fake symptoms but she doesn't think it's funny. As you said, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Much as I tend to complain about idiots and slackers, I have to say my regular local postman is great.

He always makes sure to put any packages on the porch out of the rain, and even brings things that are obviously soft books to the door, rather than wadding them in the mailbox.

There ARE a few folks out there who still do a little extra...rather than the absolute minimum they can just barely get by with...and it's much appreciated

8 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Got my Covid shot today, it was the J&J dose that is a one shot vaccine. 5 hours in and no problems, not even a sore arm. Some have said the second day is when it hits you, we'll see come tomorrow morning!

That’s what my BiL got the same day I got my 1st Pfizer, sounds like that hit him on on Friday harder than mine hit me. I had chills and was achy for a few hours after dinner Friday night, but slept it off, he may have had a mild fever too, though we were both fine by the time the 5 of us went grocery shopping together on Sunday.

Got my second shot on Sunday.  I had more pain at the injection site from the first one.

First shot, Walgreen was well staffed with two techs and a pharmacist.  Second time, (same day of the week/time as the first one), not much.  Only one tech and the regular pharmacist was out sick so the one subbing needed roller blades to try to keep up)