Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

8 minutes ago, slusher said:

That’s  really good. I took the j and  j  shot..

That’s what my brother in law got, the side effects hit him pretty hard, but he’s also in his 20’s and it sounds like the reaction to the side effects may be worse based on how young the recipient it.  I ended up with chills the following night after dinner with my first shot then slept it off, so I’m hoping this one may be similar.

What pleased me today was that when I woke up, my arthritis was taking a break from the usual severe stiffness and pain. Before it could change it's mind, I skipped shaving and showering and went downstairs and worked on a few model kits, doing the small parts and details that I'd planned not to do. I got about three hours before old man arthritis kicked back in and stopped me. 

That's okay, at least I proved to myself that I could still do what I used to be able to do. 

My oldest got his BS in Infomatics today......Bittersweet I'm an only child and my mom wanted grandchildren.  She would have loved every minute of the graduation ceremony but she passed unexpectedly of a stroke 12 years ago this Memorial Day weekend.

My youngest is a high school freshman next year so the wife and I will be doing this again in eight years.....hopefully just eight.

my wife is on customer support with the place she gets contacts, and she put it on speaker because every so often a rooster screams out from the telephone. I guess the customer service works/lives on a farm?

it freaks my cats out, its really funny

Edited by youpey

Found a good way to strip the peeling decals off my 5th wheel. Warm slightly with a heat gun and scrape them off with these plastic scraper blades. It gets the decal and 95% of the glue off. Gunwash on a rag will take the remainder off.

CD3B1027-B851-4776-9B62-F75B7EF071EC.jpeg

47E846F1-3BF5-479D-9258-EAB13D48DCED.jpeg

00603088-D83E-40EA-9FA1-E5EF4A44131D.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

about 2 weeks ago i found a birds nest on the wreath on our front door. last night my wife found the eggs hatched. there are 4 or 5 baby birds. they dont have any feathers yet and their eyes arent open yet. its so cool. i really hope they live

12 hours ago, youpey said:

about 2 weeks ago i found a birds nest on the wreath on our front door. last night my wife found the eggs hatched. there are 4 or 5 baby birds. they dont have any feathers yet and their eyes arent open yet. its so cool. i really hope they live

If you have any pets, please keep an eye on them around the nest! When the babies become "fledglings" they will leave the nest, but they won't be able to fly yet. They live on the ground for a while after they leave...... We have a nest of Mockingbirds in a tree by my front door that I worry about, as we have stray cats that hang out here in the complex......

7 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

If you have any pets, please keep an eye on them around the nest! When the babies become "fledglings" they will leave the nest, but they won't be able to fly yet. They live on the ground for a while after they leave...... We have a nest of Mockingbirds in a tree by my front door that I worry about, as we have stray cats that hang out here in the complex......

We have cats but theu dont ever go out. I only ever see 1 cat outside, so hopefully it leaves them alone

18 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Very nice Steven, I'm betting that "2000" is a fun ride👌

4 hours ago, slusher said:

That would please me,  beautiful car Steve!

Thanks guys.

It was purchased by my wife back in ‘05 as a “midlife crisis” cure. She gave me the option of her either having an affair, or buying the sports car.

I picked the sports car! 😁

Steve

6 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Thanks guys.

It was purchased by my wife back in ‘05 as a “midlife crisis” cure. She gave me the option of her either having an affair, or buying the sports car.

I picked the sports car! 😁

Steve

😂🤣😅😂Good choice!!

Just a very small update on the baby birds in the nest on my apartment door. 

There are at least 3. They are constantly with their heads up look for food. Im just hoping the mother is taking good care of them. I have become attached to them

4 hours ago, youpey said:

Just a very small update on the baby birds in the nest on my apartment door. 

There are at least 3. They are constantly with their heads up look for food. Im just hoping the mother is taking good care of them. I have become attached to them

Good for you. I've experienced this a couple times, but not in the last few years for some reason. 

And now, what pleased me today: I just filed my federal and state taxes electronically for the first time. I used TurboTax, the free program, and it all went very smoothly. Took about 90 minutes, prolly about what it would have taken me to do on paper. If I use TurboTax again next year, that time should be cut in half or more (as I now have an account with them). 

This pleased me! I got my busted windshield replaced today. Local company came to the house, nice guys did a good job.. 

6B181D06-A268-4504-8A41-2F4DD3BEA925.jpeg.bc948bad9d999a444c0f4f0a0ea5e59e.jpeg

Busted Glass 

26843CB7-8AD8-4A59-872C-9EF4DBA44CE0.jpeg.7c554cdedab915203b26ce4492750532.jpeg

No Glass

1F62D270-F8AC-402E-A973-8480FECE6086.jpeg.3ef1306879b5c1e6a6369bdec6218491.jpeg

New Glass.. much, much better than new!

And I ordered 10 yards of mulch to be delivered on Monday.. don’t know what I’m getting myself into here! 😆