Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

15 hours ago, Danno said:

Many years ago, my grandson was the hostage in a bitter battle staged by my ex-daughter-in-law to punish my son for being born. [She married him, but later threw him away and kept the grandson.]  After years of trying to deal with her (impossible) and tons of court skirmishes and $$$ spent, she managed to retain enough custody control to make life miserable for son, grandson, and us. She insisted anything nice obtained for or gifted to grandson MUST be kept at her house. 

So I bought him a drum set.   😁

That’s brilliant Danno!  My ex tortured me over my son a miserable woman…

My washing machine went out today, but after I cracked it open and removed the nastiest wads of hair, dirt, plastic, and grime from the drain filter, it’s up and running perfectly. And I popped off the plastic trim pieces and dispenser tray and gave the ol’ girl a much needed cleaning and wipe down: DED42149-B015-45CA-8D09-BB2597746029.thumb.jpeg.3fb408461c542ea099782fb1dd5c4655.jpeg

A useful tip for anyone interested, if your drain filter gets clogged and you’ve got your shop-vac handy, do what I did and vacuum up the water that comes out from behind the large thumb screw as you untwist it, takes a minute but you won’t be scrambling around trying to find towels while your washing machine pees nasty water out onto the floor.

• Like 1

The old joke is: What ever you are doing at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, is what you'll be doing all year. (Thus the hopeful kissing, LOL)

This year, at the Stroke I was at work, away from my lovely wife.  However, given the events of the last 2 years, I was truly pleased to be working at that time. I'd prefer to be able to work all year, given the way things have been lately.

I have been truly Blessed in the last few months.  House is warm, Pantry is full, Mortgage gets paid, and all are healthy. 

For as much as I (and many of us) gripe, I cannot really complain. I have All I Need, and more than I want. It just doesn't get better than that! Lastly, celebrated my 27th Anniversary on Dec 22!

So, I have plenty to be pleased about. Not bragging, just noting that I really do not have any real cause to complain.

• Like 2

3d printing pleased me today. For a long time I've been looking for a tempo matador truck and now someone has gone to the trouble of making it available as a resin print and theres loads of other vws I never thought I'd see in scale such as a mk2 scirocco and mk1 jetta. Theres even engine options becomming available so I'm very happy now. I hope this carries on for a while

My cousin stopped by to share that his dad passed away.  Both of them are the very few family in my entire dysfunctional tree I even acknowledge.  His dad knew his end was coming so he took it upon himself to make the arrangements.  When he did pass, one of the other bottom feeder funeral homes called his son.  Somehow with a straight face, he asked the caller if they did a Viking Funeral.  The caller was puzzled and paused before replying that he didnt think they offered such a service.  Ever since he told me he did that, all I can envision is the scene from Mel Brooks HIstory of the World Part I.....

Well played Jason!!  RIP Mike!  

17 hours ago, HomerS said:

My cousin stopped by to share that his dad passed away.  Both of them are the very few family in my entire dysfunctional tree I even acknowledge.  His dad knew his end was coming so he took it upon himself to make the arrangements.  When he did pass, one of the other bottom feeder funeral homes called his son.  Somehow with a straight face, he asked the caller if they did a Viking Funeral.  The caller was puzzled and paused before replying that he didnt think they offered such a service.  Ever since he told me he did that, all I can envision is the scene from Mel Brooks HIstory of the World Part I.....

Well played Jason!!  RIP Mike!  

Sad for your loss but love the sense of humor.  

Just got off the phone wit Cricut not that long ago, they are replacing the Maker Dad and I bought my Sister for Mother’s Day almost 2 years ago with a refurbished machine!  They don’t want the old one back and are going to digitally “kill it” so it can’t be used any more, but at least it’s got a bunch of good, usable, physical parts that can be swapped over if need be.

My replacement Cricut Maker arrived Saturday, with Dad being under the weather, I haven’t done more than open it to look at it, the one I had gotten back from my Sister was the “Mint” green model and the reman one they sent was their “Lilac” purple. It’s just the lids and I’d still take either color over the “Rose” pink or “Champagne” gold colors.  Funny thing though is that the machine my Sister bought to replace it was also in that Lilac color!