Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

The cat finally did a pee. He is very lucky he did as he was due to be put down in the morning because of not peeing. Its all due to some nerves that run through the cats pelvis that control peeing and if its not working they just dont go and die painfully from poisoning so it was the only kind thing to do. thankfully he's going ot be ok  and they can oporate on his pelvis on monday. I think he's used a more than one life this time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, stitchdup said:

The cat finally did a pee. He is very lucky he did as he was due to be put down in the morning because of not peeing. Its all due to some nerves that run through the cats pelvis that control peeing and if its not working they just dont go and die painfully from poisoning so it was the only kind thing to do. thankfully he's going ot be ok  and they can oporate on his pelvis on monday. I think he's used a more than one life this time.

Good news! Glad to hear it, stitchdup. Good luck to you. 

• Like 1

Picked up my first Mustang today…super excited about it!  Buying a car is a hassle, but I really like it so far.  Handles great, got a good deal and it’s a stick so my wife won’t want to borrow it (which is good, because she’s dangerous enough in her own vehicle 🤪)

B298E14C-621E-4385-A6B5-10459FDA4242.thumb.jpeg.70768926f8c778f25c820ed215e3a91c.jpeg

My first muscle car*!

* kinda….can we call these a muscle car?  Pony car sounds not-as-cool

• Like 2

Pfffttt... Ford already ruined the Mustang by making them SUvs. My sister saw one down in Maryland. She asked if I've seen one and told her I saw pics of them. I also told her they're fugly and never should be SUVs.  She thought they were cool looking. Whatevs.... LOL!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Very cool! What year is it? Looks like before they ruined them. 

2007!  I wanted a V8, but I also wanted a stick…so the stick won out.  Still boogies plenty good enough when you step on it though, it seems like!

5 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Picked up my first Mustang today…super excited about it!  Buying a car is a hassle, but I really like it so far.  Handles great, got a good deal and it’s a stick so my wife won’t want to borrow it (which is good, because she’s dangerous enough in her own vehicle 🤪)

B298E14C-621E-4385-A6B5-10459FDA4242.thumb.jpeg.70768926f8c778f25c820ed215e3a91c.jpeg

My first muscle car*!

* kinda….can we call these a muscle car?  Pony car sounds not-as-cool

Very sharp, Jim!

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 12:04 PM, stitchdup said:

Glad to hear the good news..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 426 pack said:

After almost 3 years of work my truck is finally going in for paint this week! 

2DBACF26-1A2D-4D30-B222-0BB990A29169.jpeg

Yea getting paint on a car that you’ve been working and waiting for,is always a good thing.As i posted previously,I had my Crown Vic Police car painted back in November.The cars been in storage since,at the body shop.Should be pulling it out this coming week.

41281B42-134A-4CB8-B64A-040CE9DBEA9B.jpeg

746FEA7C-980A-4804-8823-1BEE633C5F3D.jpeg

10AECCCB-5444-411C-B479-718CB2DE82F1.jpeg

5441A139-9E92-4070-B457-3583828813C9.jpeg

B807BF30-BA99-4CEE-A4A0-6E4949867017.jpeg

86C138BD-60D9-4288-B410-17F4006FDB2F.jpeg

Took my grandson to his first car show yesterday. After being cautioned about a bunch of things, none of them turned out to be problems. But it was useful to know because I explained what to expect and what it meant ahead of time. He wants to go next year. He likes rail dragsters, and Corvettes with 427s and side pipes. I'm okay with that, though he may be disappointed with mom and dad's new electric car. 🙂 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Yea getting paint on a car that you’ve been working and waiting for,is always a good thing.As i posted previously,I had my Crown Vic Police car painted back in November.The cars been in storage since,at the body shop.Should be pulling it out this coming week.

Yeah it’s been a long time waiting for it to get booked in to get sprayed (I work at the shop and will be spraying some of it myself). now all I have to do is not change my mind on the colours again. 

5 hours ago, espo said:

Looks like you had a lot of body work done. Was this rust or a wreck? 

It was a lot of rust, the truck was an ex oilfield/welding truck so it spent a lot of time in the mud and when you combine that with Canadian winters and road salt it equals rust everywhere. I have had to replace every single door, the cab corners, front fenders and the roof/hood had hail damage so there wasn’t a single panel on the truck that didn’t need fixed and the box was so bad that I tossed it a just built myself a flat deck.   When I bought the truck I got it for a really good deal so I’m still into it less that a rust free truck of equivalent age/mileage and a lot less then going out and buying a new truck. 

Edited by 426 pack

1 hour ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Took my grandson to his first car show yesterday. After being cautioned about a bunch of things, none of them turned out to be problems. But it was useful to know because I explained what to expect and what it meant ahead of time. He wants to go next year. He likes rail dragsters, and Corvettes with 427s and side pipes. I'm okay with that, though he may be disappointed with mom and dad's new electric car. 🙂 

I love that !  My grandson is about 2 1/2 and loves cars and trucks. I really can't wait for the chance to take him to a car show. With me in Arizona and him in Virginia I don't know when that will happen but at some point it will and we will both have a great time !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Bummer ☹️

Hey keep your head up, most (including me) consider the GNX as a muscle car and it had a V6. Granted it did have a go-fast snail courtesy of Garrett. There’s been some performance parts made for the 4.0 V6.

• Like 1

While transporting the kids home on my school bus this afternoon, I saw a dust covered 1958 or 59 Edsel sedan on the back of a rollback truck that was turning right out of a side street that I was about to turn on. One of the older boys asked me what kind of car that was and when I told him, his eyes lit up brighter than Times Square at night especially on what year the car was made in.  Just seeing it made my eyes lit up as well and put a smile on my face.

Edited by John M.
Spelling error