Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

4 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Looks like a great spot to spend some time

Was thinking about it, and I've been going camping there for 30 years now. May 92 was my first trip.

Considering buying some land in the Hamlet of Cadomin. Would be a great place to set up a small cabin or something. 

4 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

I've been to a few concerts this summer, first batch since March 2020...went to my first outdoor-ish one in 3 years, to a performance of Beethoven's 4th and 5th symphonies by the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra at the beautiful Blossom Music Center Amphitheatre a few miles from home last night.  Beautiful place w/ great acoustics.  Great evening, a bit warm and humid but cooled as the evening went on.

blossom.jpg

IMG-7693.jpg

Thats a cool looking building, do you know what the roof is? it has a slightly natural material look to it

4 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

Thats a cool looking building, do you know what the roof is? it has a slightly natural material look to it

I’m not sure of the outside material, the inside is cedar.  It’s known for its great acoustics.  I’ve seen rock bands (Rush, The Who) and classical music with the Cleveland Orchestra there, great venue in a wooded, hilly area.  
https://sah-archipedia.org/buildings/OH-01-153-0090

• Thanks 1

It's model rated but I finally got two vintage car models in the mail just a short time ago and I've been after both for a while. They're a Johan 1968 Chrysler 300 minus the tires and an AMT 1972 GMC Stepside pickup. Both are well covered in dust but will get a bath soon. A visit to my tire bin will yield new shoes for the Chrysler.

My collection is now complete.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John M. said:

It's model rated but I finally got two vintage car models in the mail just a short time ago and I've been after both for a while. They're a Johan 1968 Chrysler 300 minus the tires and an AMT 1972 GMC Stepside pickup. Both are well covered in dust but will get a bath soon. A visit to my tire bin will yield new shoes for the Chrysler.

My collection is now complete.

Good. News, the 72 GMC has really went up and anything Johan is expensive….

16 hours ago, Snake45 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Who among us has NOT thought this at least a dozen times in our modeling careers? ;):lol::lol::lol:

You have a point. With my personal debt just about paid off, I have some cash to burn and it won't be long before the buying bug bites me again.

Friday was the last day for the summer day camp that my company has a contract with and I've been driving around in my school bus for the last couple of months. I'm on vacay all next week and then school starts a week from Monday. Until then, I'll be kicking back while my school bus will be in the shop for some much maintenance.

Set up a table of kits to sell off at the CKM show in Clemmons NC Saturday. Shared the table with FatBrian and while he bought as much as he sold, I restrained myself and came home with a few more dollars than I left with. Had a great time talking to folks, got to meet Driptroit71 (Brian) and he was kind enough to buy some of my stuff I was selling.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 1:24 PM, cobraman said:

Ahh, my dream is to have a nice cabin on a wooded lot by a lake. Will I ever get there ? Highly doubtful I'm afraid.

Same here. I’d love to get a cabin up in Racquette Lake in some quiet cove in the Adirondacks with a little private dock. Nothing like the idea of waking up to the sounds of loons calling in the mist whilst drinking coffee in the early morning hours. That’s sounds so peaceful. 

• Like 1

So to my surprise,I won a radio contest this morning.The prize were two tickets to see Blondie at a local small arena.Now even though I always liked Blondie,and thought she was pretty hot,even today.💋🎤I’m going to give the tickets to my friend and his girlfriend.I answered a question asking what most people have stored somewhere in there house(junk drawers),but don’t use anymore.The answer was old cell phones.The show is Sept 1st.I  just wish the prize was money,but oh well..🤑🤑🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

So to my surprise,I won a radio contest this morning.The prize were two tickets to see Blondie at a local small arena.Now even though I always liked Blondie,and thought she was pretty hot,even today.💋🎤I’m going to give the tickets to my friend and his girlfriend.I answered a question asking what most people have stored somewhere in there house(junk drawers),but don’t use anymore.The answer was old cell phones.The show is Sept 1st.I  just wish the prize was money,but oh well..🤑🤑🤷‍♂️

Way to go Ron and it was nice of you to give the tickets away.