Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Got a joblot of kits today and some of them were in a nike air jordans box. One of my friends saw my post on facebook and has offered me £75 quid for the empty shoebox. He's an avid nike jordans collector and already has the shoes, but this is a nicer box. The best bit is its paid more than half the cost of the kits. Never thought I'd sell an empty shoebox

On 8/26/2022 at 11:45 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Nobody shot any of my cars, or stole gas out of my truck, or ran off with anything from the front porch for some time now.

Maybe the human skull spiked to the front door is having the desired effect.   ;)

Bwa-ha-ha ha-ha! I learned when I was young and had rough jobs working with rough characters that appearing to be a little dangerous is a good thing.

Yesterday at the Portage County Fair. Heavy weight team of 5000 lbs. pulling a 7000 lbs. sled 27 ft, full pull. This is something my son and I would go to each year before his passing, though he was not there this time I still enjoyed going. I couldn't load the video, but you could download it if you like.

IMG_9760 (1).MOV

Edited by James2

Well, I embarrassed myself big time and irked another guy in the process with overconfidence in my parking skills, but it turned out ok in the end.

Backstory is that in AZ, some folks cluster into shade-tree parking spots despite their long distance from store entrances. Today, a guy was occupying all of the shade in his parking space and some in the space ahead of him, but I figured if I stopped within an inch of his front bumper, I could still get a decent amount of shade on my car. Problem is, I stopped more like 2 inches into his plastic license plate holder and busted one of its mounting tabs. He arrived mere moments later with his shopping cart just as I was getting out and was not pleased with this, or my initial attitude that I was certain I had stopped short of bouncing into his SUV - there's the aforementioned "overconfidence. After I saw what I did, I apologized at least twice - that's the embarrassment part. I offered to buy him a new plastic holder, but he let it go since he said his SUV was a bit of a beater anyway (AZ doesn't require front plates, and he wasn't displaying any decorative plate in it), and also said he did appreciate my apologies.

Whew, glad that he didn't turn it into a Federal case, and the lesson learned for me is to err more on the side of caution when parking close to somebody in front.

This is what I drive for my job, ATM/Cash Recycler/Safe repair. An adequate vehicle that serves it's purpose, Nissan NV200

NV200.jpg.af3f0bf33b73945725f6c2dc684f429c.jpg

It needed some maintenance work that needed a few days to get right. This is what Enterprise gave me for a loaner, a '22 Audi Q5 with 1100 miles on it!

Q5.jpg.908a1c76d17dd9158c7c962bf96d8483.jpg

I told the Nissan dealer to take their time repairing the NV200, LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I'd be more than happy to help you recycle some of that old cash.  :D

LOL

Yea, it doesn't really "recycle" cash, it's more of a MIMO... Money In Money Out. It's used a lot in businesses for checking in/out cash drawers, like a shift change at Walmart, etc.

I don't even look at it as "cash" anymore, it's just a part of the job to make the machine do what it's creators intended it to do then move onto the next job. I can see a quarter of a million dollars in a single machine and it doesn't even faze me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Fall is here. The weather is cooler, the summertime bugs are gone, and walking the dog out at the lake is much nicer now.

Can you send some of that down here to the mid Atlantic here in the states? Supposed to be around 90F, and uncomfortable humidity, for the next 4 days in central Virginia.