Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

A wax one of my friends told me about pleased me quite a bit . Just used it on my F 150 . Bought the truck new . It will be 21 years old next month . ( old enough to drink ! ) . The wax was easy to apply and wiped away great . I am please with the look of the old girl . 

133F783C-6197-4A67-886B-55E9B682EF3C.jpeg

6E4E7147-F40B-4D2F-857E-0E8CCD34FE8A.jpeg

C42BBC4C-74FD-4A36-9B5A-DF0F48EC9382.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cobraman said:

A wax one of my friends told me about pleased me quite a bit . Just used it on my F 150 . Bought the truck new . It will be 21 years old next month . ( old enough to drink ! ) . The wax was easy to apply and wiped away great . I am please with the look of the old girl . 

Beautiful shine Ray, I could shave in it!

On 10/30/2022 at 2:17 PM, Raoul Ross said:

Congratulations! 👍 Your life has now totally changed... for the better! Enjoy every minute!

Thank you, i will 

On 10/30/2022 at 2:18 PM, TonyK said:

Congratulations! Glad to hear everything is fine and hope you get to bring him home soon.

Thank you, we hope that to.

It is a little boring at the hospital with nothing to do, but it is for his health right now so nothing else matters.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:19 PM, crazyjim said:

Congratulations.

Thank you 

On 10/30/2022 at 2:26 PM, Snake45 said:

Congratulations and good luck with everything. B)

Thank you 

On 10/30/2022 at 3:07 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Congratulations!  Cheers to the little guy!  

Thank you 

On 10/30/2022 at 5:31 PM, Dave Ambrose said:

Congratulations to all three of you. Parenthood is challenging, but ultimately, it's the best thing you'll ever do. 

Thank you 

On 10/30/2022 at 6:46 PM, espo said:

Your prospective of life will forever be changed. Congratulations, and now you get to hand out cigars unless that is no longer traditional.   

Thank you 

I dont know if that ever was a tradition here, but there is no smoking allowed on the hospital grounds anyways.

On 10/31/2022 at 2:18 PM, slusher said:

Congratulations 🎈 on your new addition!!

Thank you 

15 hours ago, cobraman said:

Looks great!!

6 hours ago, PierreR89 said:

Thank you, i will 

Thank you, we hope that to.

It is a little boring at the hospital with nothing to do, but it is for his health right now so nothing else matters.

Thank you 

Thank you 

Thank you 

Thank you 

Thank you 

I dont know if that ever was a tradition here, but there is no smoking allowed on the hospital grounds anyways.

Thank you 

In many ways the world is a more enlightened place as to what is and isn't good for us. When my sons were born, during the last century, The handing out of cigars was a traditional thing for new fathers to do. In fact, at that time I was a two pack a day cigarette smoker. Thankfully I have outgrown that habit many years ago.    

• Like 1

First snowfall of the year today. 

I'm one of those oddballs who actually like snow and winter.

Local roads are icy and terrible, and luckily I didn't come across the annual meeting of the summer tire club. They usually get together on the first snowfall every year. Literally.

And SiriusXM have the Christmas stations up and running already. I'm not listening just yet, but I like that they're there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

First snowfall of the year today. 

I'm one of those oddballs who actually like snow and winter.

Local roads are icy and terrible, and luckily I didn't come across the annual meeting of the summer tire club. They usually get together on the first snowfall every year. Literally.

And SiriusXM have the Christmas stations up and running already. I'm not listening just yet, but I like that they're there.

Dan, I took the long way home again just to enjoy the perfect temperature 75, and enjoy all the fall leaves 🍁 in full color..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, slusher said:

Dan, I took the long way home again just to enjoy the perfect temperature 75, and enjoy all the fall leaves 🍁 in full color..

That was the entire month of October for me. :)

This morning I read this was the latest first snow we've had here since 1944.

Cool. 

59 minutes ago, cobraman said:

I was pleased that the weather here in AZ. has finally changed. Was able to get out and take a early afternoon walk with out the 100 + degree weather . Was a pleasant 59 when I took a walk on the paths behind my house .

I'm with you in spirit.

It was mid-70s around 2:30, humidity 42, so I slipped the leash and went for a 2 hour hike. Nothing smells better to me than a mixed hardwood and pine forest in the fall...except maybe a turkey in the oven.  :D

On 11/3/2022 at 11:26 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

I always enjoy coming across this...

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.”

William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

Or, as the prophet Warren Zevon put it:

They say Jesus will find you wherever you go,

But when he'll come looking for you, they don't know.  ;)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TonyK said:

I don't mind the snow. It tests your driving skills. It's ice and other drivers I don't like.

That's why, where I am, I just stay home if there's frozen precip.

I can drive in it just fine, but I have no control over the ignorant bozos in their AWD hippos without studs or chains who think they're invincible, and who won't slow down.

4 hours ago, TonyK said:

I don't mind the snow. It tests your driving skills. It's ice and other drivers I don't like.

All the years I’ve driven in snow - good, bad, and downright horrible, I’ve never gotten in an accident. I have seen far too many stupid drivers up against a guard rail because he was going too fast for road condition, in a hurry, or simply forgot the laws of physics driving in snow.

Even those driving 4X4s, AWD vehicles is a sight to see be it they’ve spun out into a ditch, guardrail or into another car. Yeah, dumb***…..  you deserved it for your stupidity in driving in winter.

Winter driving heightens my awareness around me.

2 Thinks!

#1. Only have a little pain left from when I tripped and fell 3 weeks ago, still taking Motrin here and there, but it's nothing like it had been even a week ago:D

#2. Had my Traxxas Stampede out for a bashing session yesterday and hit the steps in front of the house, breaking a bearing carrier, but just happened to have a replacement on hand and will be fixing that and a couple other little issues I noticed shortly too, all at no cost since iad the stuff on had for those as well!