Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

A friend of mine submitted a photo of my truck and it made it into a parts store calendar. It’s only a local calendar for the BC/AB provinces of Canada but for a truck I started building 3 years ago when I was 18 it’s like being on the cover of hot rod magazine 

370A1FA8-45D4-4725-8DE2-2FCF93DCF6D0.jpeg

• Like 6

I broke my left foot metatarsal about 11 weeks ago.  I have been pavement bike riding a bit. Finally got in a mountain bike ride last night (in the dark nonetheless).  It was our 20th anniversary of the Tree Farm ride on Tuesday nights.  I have been riding with the group about 15 plus years.  Felt SOO GOOD to get back out on the trail.  Frozen ground, a little dusting of snow, night time, I am happy again.  :) 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, steveracer said:

I broke my left foot metatarsal about 11 weeks ago.  I have been pavement bike riding a bit. Finally got in a mountain bike ride last night (in the dark nonetheless).  It was our 20th anniversary of the Tree Farm ride on Tuesday nights.  I have been riding with the group about 15 plus years.  Felt SOO GOOD to get back out on the trail.  Frozen ground, a little dusting of snow, night time, I am happy again.  :) 

Good for you, my friend! B) And have a great Thanksgiving! ;)

Finally got around to watching the end of Monday night's No Prep Kings race. It was won by the lovely Kayla Morton, her first NPK win EVER. She was clearly overcome by emotion in thanking her father for his help and support, and I got a little choked up too with her humility, pride, joy, and gratitude. It was a very special little NPK moment. ;)

Who Is Kayla Morton From 'Street Outlaws: No Prep King'?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Finally got around to watching the end of Monday night's No Prep Kings race. It was won by the lovely Kayla Morton, her first NPK win EVER. She was clearly overcome by emotion in thanking her father for his help and support, and I got a little choked up too with her humility, pride, joy, and gratitude. It was a very special little NPK moment. ;)

Who Is Kayla Morton From 'Street Outlaws: No Prep King'?

What makes it even more impressive is they are a 2 person team!

The Happy Brown Truck (UPS) just delivered something I ordered more than 14 months ago, and which I had long ago given up on EVER receiving due to where it's made (Taiwan).  :D

Details later, after I've had a chance to play with it. Right now I need to go change my underwear. :blink::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

The day after Thanksgiving.

You can have the sales. I like the fact I can have a plate piled high with turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy without having to cook half the day...and turkey sandwiches.  :D

A favorite part of Thanksgiving for me is eating the leftovers the next day...especially the pumpkin pie!😊

Joe

• Like 3

Well, the big front brakes and big sticky all season BFGs on my 200 just paid for themselves tonight! Dad and went to get dinner after I finished with work and we had a deer run in front up us on the drive home. 
We got stopped about 3 feet from hitting her and it felt like the front suspension was on the stops and Dad is thinking that the right rear tire may have started coming off the road by the time I got it stopped😶

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Well, the big front brakes and big sticky all season BFGs on my 200 just paid for themselves tonight! Dad and went to get dinner after I finished with work and we had a deer run in front up us on the drive home. 
We got stopped about 3 feet from hitting her and it felt like the front suspension was on the stops and Dad is thinking that the right rear tire may have started coming off the road by the time I got it stopped😶

Good thing. I had a neighbor git his Dodge 4x4 totaled hitting a deer a couple of years ago and he was almost stopped when he hit it.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2022 at 7:15 PM, Snake45 said:

The Happy Brown Truck (UPS) just delivered something I ordered more than 14 months ago, and which I had long ago given up on EVER receiving due to where it's made (Taiwan).  :D

Details later, after I've had a chance to play with it. Right now I need to go change my underwear. :blink::lol:

14 months is maybe a little long to be wearing one pair of underwear, lol

• Haha 2