Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

48 minutes ago, cobraman said:

I am please my new water heater is installed and we can take hot showers again. I also was able to get my ice maker which was frozen going again with a hair dryer. Thanks to youtube,

I love stories with a happy ending. B)

5 hours ago, MrMiles said:

i have 2 seiko's, a mido, a hamilton, christopher ward, citizen, nezumi (soon 2), and a timex. the christopher ward was the most expensive because it is a gmt. however, the hamilton is the one i wear the most. technically the nezumi is my favorite, but i am not allowed to wear it until xmas. 

the hamilton is really a nice piece though. it has a cream face and blue dial. it looks whitle, but is actually cream

https://www.jared.com/hamilton-khaki-navy-scuba-mens-automatic-watch-h82505150/p/V-302595905?cid=PLA-goo-E-Commerce+-+PLA+-+P2+-+Watches&ds_rl=1246153&ds_rl=1252059&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4aacBhCUARIsAI55maH8IOoW97IzTxMpVuvylcNEW80y55Y7I6lyYNS-UgjWkktkxcaasiQaAomqEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

the mido is honestly my least favorite. its titanium so it is really light, but it feels cheap. i think because i am used to heavy watches, but i just dont like the mido much

I have a Mido that I love, but it's a quartz. It has the best band of any I own.

1029108686_s-l1600(18).jpg.81654f1f825f2bce09b9e2d6984aacea.jpg

I gave away my only titanium watch for the same reason. I have a Hamilton as well, a Khaki King Scuba

s-l500.jpg.3054cf845ee8c332c905331013f1421f.jpg

I hate to admit how many watches I have. I've given some to family members and even let my son choose one out of my entire collection one Xmas. He chose this:

scuba9.jpg.e961f598a09508636b6e410cd3617656.jpg

I'd say he has good taste!

The irony of all this is that I'm now retired and wear watches only occasionally. My wife won't let me sell them as she thinks they will retain some value. 😕

Have a couple of bird feeders and one of them has suet holders on the side. There is one woodpecker that you can just tell he's having way too much fun. Unlike the others that visit this character will land on the upright post holding the feeders and slowly slide down the post. He'll do this a few times before he goes and helps himself too the seed in the feeder. None of the other birds do this little slide, we always know it's him.  

Indy Hot Wheels Club had their annual get together/swap meet.  Took the teenager with me as he's been getting into models and modifying die cast.  Great show and we both found stuff we had been searching for.  They also provide a free lunch for attendees!  The plates on the other side were my son's (I'm not that much of a pig).  Food come made it a long two hour drive pack home!

image.png

17 hours ago, HomerS said:

Indy Hot Wheels Club had their annual get together/swap meet.  Took the teenager with me as he's been getting into models and modifying die cast.  Great show and we both found stuff we had been searching for.  They also provide a free lunch for attendees!  The plates on the other side were my son's (I'm not that much of a pig).  Food come made it a long two hour drive pack home!

image.png

I have paid good money in more than a few restaurants and not eaten that good.

Took a sick day today to do some Christmas shopping for my wife since I couldn’t find the time to do it. With my area losing Macy’s and JC Penney’s at our local mall a couple years ago but left us with Kohl’s, Target, and Boscov, it sure doesn’t leave much of a choice to shop. So, I drove to Syracuse Destiny Mall and got far more accomplished in one big mall. All is left is to buy one or two things, then I’m done! Yup.... it was a pretty good productive day today.

• Like 2