Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Spring is in the air here in NorCal. Mulberry is starting to bloom and the tulips and daffodils are going crazy. It's warm enough for the lizards to venture out to the concrete walkways to bask, and the 1994 Chevy S-10 passed  its smog test today. Shorts and T-Shirt was the uniform of the day for me.

PXL_20240310_044325940.jpg

PXL_20240308_215323827.jpg

Edited by Rodent
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Rodent said:

Spring is in the air here in NorCal. Mulberry is starting to bloom and the tulips and daffodils are going crazy. It's warm enough for the lizards to venture out to the concrete walkways to bask, and the 1994 Chevy S-10 passed  its smog test today. Shorts and T-Shirt was the uniform of the day for me.

PXL_20240310_044325940.jpg

PXL_20240308_215323827.jpg

I do miss the weather there sometimes. The lizards used to crawl up the outside of the screen door and just would drive our Lab nuts. 

7 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

ONE of the FIVE shipments of small parts in small packages previously MIA in the Postal Orifice has made it to showing as "out for delivery".

Yippee.

It was shipped on Feb. 26, one state away.

Cheer up Bill. Our warehouse guy brought me a package that they found while "cleaning" last week. He said that it was behind a shelf unit. It had to have been from late 2016 or early 2017, based upon what it was. It wasn't something I had ordered, it was something that we get sent as samples, so it wasn't really missed.

• Like 1

I finally got some free time to have lunch with one of my Aunts at my favorite pit beef restaurant "Smokeys" in a neighboring town to have a mouth watering pit beef sandwich, french fries smothered with brown gravy along with a bowl of Maryland Crab soup, the kind that a crab didn't just walk through it leaving no meat behind... Worth every mile and every calorie. 😋 They have Cream of Crab soup on the weekends.. Gonna have to make another time slot available. 😉

20240312_122312.jpg

Edited by A modeler named mike
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2024 at 11:48 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Beautiful sunny day here today, and I saw the first robin of Spring.

I'm trying not to let the fact that it had been smashed flat by a car dampen my enthusiasm.

Not an unsimilar experience for us.

Wife always looks for that first robin of spring and gets all excited, except this year it was when it bounced off her side of the windshield as we drove to town. 

Was really windy and a truck went by in the other lane.

8am and it's currently plus 7 degrees.

Supposed to get up to 16 degrees Celcius over the weekend.

I love it.

Oh, and yesterday, I had a client that tried to pull the "do you know who I am" trick when trying to buy a truck. He was being a massive donkey, so I called him on his nonsense. That's great the you own a construction company, but it won't make me slash the price on the one F450 Limited we have available. Then he says he's friends with the boss and that he'll just go see him. So I dialled the boss and invited him to come down. Boss had no idea who the guy was. Turns out they met at a golf tourney last summer. Anyway, I don't think he's buying this truck from me. lolz.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

8am and it's currently plus 7 degrees.

Supposed to get up to 16 degrees Celcius over the weekend.

I love it.

Oh, and yesterday, I had a client that tried to pull the "do you know who I am" trick when trying to buy a truck. He was being a massive donkey, so I called him on his nonsense. That's great the you own a construction company, but it won't make me slash the price on the one F450 Limited we have available. Then he says he's friends with the boss and that he'll just go see him. So I dialled the boss and invited him to come down. Boss had no idea who the guy was. Turns out they met at a golf tourney last summer. Anyway, I don't think he's buying this truck from me. lolz.

my standard answer to those people is along the lines of "i wouldn't care who you are if your face was printed on money" but not worded in a more scottish manner that would get me a ban, lol

• Haha 1

I have 74 new 2025 Ford Econoline chassis that were shipped today. Now en route to a couple of body builders in the US to get turned into shuttle buses. Which means I have four very happy clients that will be getting 74 shiny new bills of sale over the next couple of weeks. Going to be a good spring!

Going through my dads shop area today, which is a nightmare of everything imaginable saved for over 50 years. A plethora of baby jars with a variety of hardware, cut off cords from electrical items, old faucets that were replaced, etc...so much $h¡+.. I got a wild hair to gather up a load to take to the recycling area at our local landfill. The load consisted of 5 nonfunctioning leaf blowers, the boxes that they originally came in with the collection bags and extra plastic piping unused and approximately 80 different varieties of clear plastic jars with their lids. I didn't even put a dent in the amount of clutter and BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH but it is a start. It's astounding that he saved 12 dead leaf blowers, I'm guessing for parts? Crazy especially since you have to buy a new one and they're never the same because of design changes. Anyway I'm pleased that I accomplished something even if it's small..