Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

This monring I got to the bottom of the delays on my new truck. The storms and subsequent flooding in Texas washed out some of the rail lines, so the trains delivering trucks from Mexico literally had nowhere to go.

As of yesterday, my truck is officially in Texas and now has an ETA of Nov 16. So it's a month or so late, but it is coming.

This put a big smile on my face. Went to Dave's in Woodstock today wishing to find a '40 Ford sedan. I haven't seen one on the shelves for years in these parts. So, just before I was about to leave, I spotted a small box  (1/48 scale) '40 Ford sedan made by Renwal. I think it's complete and the molding seems quite crisp! Made my day!!

Today I'm pleased that my instincts are correct. 

The weather channels have been predicting snow for the past week. "Watch out, it's going to snow later today"

Yeah, well hearing that evewry day for the past week or so, and not seeing anything.

Well yesterday, I got this feeling, so had our promo/events truck put in our shop and it underwent the winter mode transformation. 

And sure enough, last night, we got our first blast of winter. It started raining while the kiddies were trick or treating, and then we wake up this morning to wind and an inch or two of snow. 

And my drive was just fine, because winter tires are awesome. Ugly, but awesome.

This pic was taked yesterday afternoon, before the weather turned. 

IMG_20171031_162437_531sm.thumb.jpg.e0b2

Today I'm pleased that my instincts are correct. 

The weather channels have been predicting snow for the past week. "Watch out, it's going to snow later today"

Yeah, well hearing that evewry day for the past week or so, and not seeing anything.

Well yesterday, I got this feeling, so had our promo/events truck put in our shop and it underwent the winter mode transformation. 

And sure enough, last night, we got our first blast of winter. It started raining while the kiddies were trick or treating, and then we wake up this morning to wind and an inch or two of snow. 

And my drive was just fine, because winter tires are awesome. Ugly, but awesome.

This pic was taked yesterday afternoon, before the weather turned. 

IMG_20171031_162437_531sm.thumb.jpg.e0b2

Please keep all the snow by you, many thanks!

Currently sunny and not snowing. But it snowed from abotu 8pm Halloween until about midnight last night. Not much snow, only about 2 or 3 inches, but enough to make the roads icy and confuse 3/4 of the drivers out there.

Didn't bother me though. 

I'm a firm believer in making snow tires mandatory here in Alberta.

"I have all season tires and four wheel drive, I'll be just fine." 

Nope, you're wrong. 

The added traction, and hugely improved ability to stop and turn is just awesome. Like driving on dry pavement. 

Rant over, I love winter.

:)

IMG_20171102_0940470.jpg

The previous 3 posts with photo, which when I really get to really loathing the Phoenix area reminds me of one really big positive. Just watch out when you grab that door handle in August.

I don't mind winter weather..9 years in Phoenix was enough for me..just grew to loathe the beige desert surroundings and months of endless heat, dust, and sun.    After 20+ years away, I'm finding the greenery, fall colors and water of NE Ohio very enjoyable. 

IMG-3380.JPG

IMG-3379.JPG

IMG-3402.JPG

IMG-3411.JPG

So I received some pics yesterday from one of my suppliers. Pretty excited.

He owns a company that builds our service bodies. I have a truck in production that's going to get a pretty eyecatching build. Taking this service truck build "next level."

Aluminum cabinets, custom paint. The chassis itself is in production, should be arriving at the builder in early December, and the body starts production within the next week or two.

IMG_7382.jpg

IMG_7384.jpg

The previous 3 posts with photo, which when I really get to really loathing the Phoenix area reminds me of one really big positive. Just watch out when you grab that door handle in August.

It's not so bad. For every -30 degree day, we get a 30 degree day. Yeah, we get snow and colder tmeps between November and March, but our summers get nice and warm. We're not always the frozen wasteland we're sometimes made out to be. And it's been years since I've had to fight a polar bear to get a hockey puck back.

:P

I don't mind winter weather..9 years in Phoenix was enough for me..just grew to loathe the beige desert surroundings and months of endless heat, dust, and sun.    After 20+ years away, I'm finding the greenery, fall colors and water of NE Ohio very enjoyable. 

Agree with the photos and statement except for "don't mind winter weather". Imagine those photos at 0 degrees and a foot of snow, ice and slush covering everything. In 20+ years here and 20+ in SoCal before have never slipped on, or had to shovel, sunshine.

Agree with the photos and statement except for "don't mind winter weather". Imagine those photos at 0 degrees and a foot of snow, ice and slush covering everything. In 20+ years here and 20+ in SoCal before have never slipped on, or had to shovel, sunshine.

Being an Ohio native and having lived in Ohio, Michigan and Colorado, I find snow, ice and cold doesn't bother me.    And my Jeep is ready for winter w/ new tires.   This summer here never got above 94, and was only above 90 1/2 dozen times.  That's plenty warm enough for me. 

Edited by Rob Hall

IMG-3380.JPG

IMG-3379.JPG

IMG-3402.JPG

IMG-3411.JPG

Being an Ohio native and having lived in Ohio, Michigan and Colorado, I find snow, ice and cold doesn't bother me.    And my Jeep is ready for winter w/ new tires.   This summer here never got above 94, and was only above 90 1/2 dozen times.  That's plenty warm enough for me. 

I agree with you Rob, as even though I don't like rakin' leaves or clearing snow  and cold temps. I don't think that after all my years living in the Midwest, I could be happier livin' somewhere else, especially south.

Grew up in Oklahoma and couldn't stand the winter. Then spend time in Michigan at Michigan State during the winter. Swore I was getting out of there ASAP and going to were I would never have to see snow and ice again. The only place I've ever felt comfortable is along the California coast  preferable from Santa Barbara to Santa Cruz. Just can't afford it.

Had a great evening out at a Lindsey Buckingham-Christine McVie concert.  Great concert in a small venue, sounded great, band was tight.  Incredible guitar solos.  Hadn't listened to Fleetwood Mac or LB's solo work in a while.   He's a great guitarist and songwriter...

Edited by Rob Hall