Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Warmer Weather! I've had the old Shovelhead out several times this year and three times this week. And yesterday for the first time this year I was able to do some airbrushing, getting my 60 El Camino ready for the Stark model car show...

Image Not Found

I'm pleased because I went on another of my postmark road rallies on Wednesday.  As always I had a preplanned route of post offices where I needed post marks for my NJ post mark collection, and I got curious about it so I plotted it out in Google Maps just to see the efficiency.  As you are running these it seems you are zig zagging and I wouldn't have been surprised if I back tracked and crossed over my route. But nope, this one seemed to be pretty well planned.   

This route was in the upper northwest corner of the state, where it meets both Pennsylvania and New York in the corner.  It's a hilly region where the Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains begin and the NJ ski resorts in the Vernon area reside.  It was an interesting drive and I managed to visit 11 post offices and get 10 needed cancels for my collection.  The last time I posted about this a few board members said they'd be interested in reading the story.  I post my tales on the Stamporama stamp site, pretty much like this site but for stamp collectors.  My screen name is BenFranklin1902 there.

Here's links to my latest two trips:

North Jersey Run on Wednesday:

https://stamporama.com/discboard/disc_main.php?action=20&id=22163#159950

South Jersey Run earlier in the month:

https://stamporama.com/discboard/disc_main.php?action=20&id=22015#159494

November 17, 2018  Run in Fort Lee NJ Area

https://stamporama.com/discboard/disc_main.php?action=20&id=21268#156545

Cape May County Run in July 2018

https://stamporama.com/discboard/disc_main.php?action=20&id=20557#151085

3 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Image Not Found

I'm pleased because I went on another of my postmark road rallies on Wednesday.  As always I had a preplanned route of post offices where I needed post marks for my NJ post mark collection, and I got curious about it so I plotted it out in Google Maps just to see the efficiency.  As you are running these it seems you are zig zagging and I wouldn't have been surprised if I back tracked and crossed over my route. But nope, this one seemed to be pretty well planned.   

This route was in the upper northwest corner of the state, where it meets both Pennsylvania and New York in the corner.  It's a hilly region where the Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains begin and the NJ ski resorts in the Vernon area reside.  It was an interesting drive and I managed to visit 11 post offices and get 10 needed cancels for my collection.  The last time I posted about this a few board members said they'd be interested in reading the story.  I post my tales on the Stamporama stamp site, pretty much like this site but for stamp collectors.  My screen name is BenFranklin1902 there.

Here's links to my latest two trips:

North Jersey Run on Wednesday:

https://stamporama.com/discboard/disc_main.php?action=20&id=22163#159950

South Jersey Run earlier in the month:

https://stamporama.com/discboard/disc_main.php?action=20&id=22015#159494

November 17, 2018  Run in Fort Lee NJ Area

https://stamporama.com/discboard/disc_main.php?action=20&id=21268#156545

Cape May County Run in July 2018

https://stamporama.com/discboard/disc_main.php?action=20&id=20557#151085

Great looking travels. I like seeing the variety of Post Offices. 

Went to a concert last night, Don Felder from the Eagles.  Great show, always liked him..  That was the good.  The bad was the weather... 3 1/2 hrs of rain driving there wasn't bad since it was in the 60s and 70s, but driving home last night the temps dropped, and torrential rain in Southern Ohio changed to snow as I headed back toward Northeast Ohio..end of March always seems like the weather is dicey...drive home was 4 1/2 hrs w/ the snow...parts of I-71 and I-271 were barely one lane clear of snow and ick. 

2 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Saw two coyotes on my morning walk today . 

We've got a quite a few around here and have had close calls in both my XJ and 200 on the road with them.  My supervisor has them near her house not far from me too, she can hear them howling in the night and I've even seen one walking across a park alone near her mid day.

I was a victim of cosmic april fools joke.  Went to leave and garage door won't open. Nether hand remote or wall control work. Check breaker and its ok. Use the release and get car out of garage and check opener no loose wires. Pull out manual and opener was bought in 2010 and of course out of warrenty. Take run to do errands and store opener was bought. Wanted to know if parts were available and to get some ideas on what else to check. Turned out plugs in garage are on the ground fault circuit in bathroom and that was tripped. Hurray for a happy ending.  That ground fault hasn't tripped in 10 years which is why I totally forgot. Just had to happen today.

My youngest is playing baseball this spring (sat out last year).  At one of the first practices, the father of one of his friends mentioned he bought a Demon.  I said current or an older one (he has an early 70's plum Challenger and a 69 Z-28).  He said a new one and asked if I would want to go for a ride one day.  This is what we call a rhetorical.  He brought it down to practice tonight.  He made a couple short bursts but we took it one town over to side road in an industrial area which is about a quarter mile long.  Wow is an understatement.  As brutal as the launch is, the Brembo's bring it down nicely!

13 hours ago, HomerS said:

My youngest is playing baseball this spring (sat out last year).  At one of the first practices, the father of one of his friends mentioned he bought a Demon.  I said current or an older one (he has an early 70's plum Challenger and a 69 Z-28).  He said a new one and asked if I would want to go for a ride one day.  This is what we call a rhetorical.  He brought it down to practice tonight.  He made a couple short bursts but we took it one town over to side road in an industrial area which is about a quarter mile long.  Wow is an understatement.  As brutal as the launch is, the Brembo's bring it down nicely!

I'm envious. 

After re-joining the Buckets Scale Club recently I attended a meeting Thursday evening. Great bunch of guys. I counted at least 20 people in attendance and yes they was a lot of "light black" hair there! Having a room full of like minded individuals for several hours model talk may not seem a big deal to some but it was a big deal to yours truly. Their meetings are held in a hobby shop which qualifies as a double win.

Was finally nice enough for the wife and I to get outside and putter around!

Cleaned up the winter mess around the patio, cleaned and repainted one of the patio tables and scrubbed down the swing and after it dried sat and counted airplanes for  while!

23 hours ago, misterNNL said:

I counted at least 20 people in attendance and yes they was a lot of "light black" hair there! 

My wife wanted to go to a Fleetwood Mac event, a tribute band called "Rumors" from Atlanta that was at West Chester University last night.  We must've been the youngest folks there.  Lots of gray hair! 

32 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

My wife wanted to go to a Fleetwood Mac event, a tribute band called "Rumors" from Atlanta that was at West Chester University last night.  We must've been the youngest folks there.  Lots of gray hair! 

As long as it doesn't leave me, my hair can turn whatever color is wishes!!  I got the bad knees and hips from my mom's side of the family, at least I got my maternal grandfather's hair!  He passed at 90 with a snow white but full crop!  My father was combing his with a towel when he was in his very early twenty's.  

6 minutes ago, HomerS said:

As long as it doesn't leave me, my hair can turn whatever color is wishes!!  I got the bad knees and hips from my mom's side of the family, at least I got my maternal grandfather's hair!  He passed at 90 with a snow white but full crop!  My father was combing his with a towel when he was in his very early twenty's.  

I've gone bald on the top. I have a friend with a full head of hair who was making fun of me.  I informed him that very smart people's brains ran hot and over time burned out hair roots!   :D

Well I Checked out a buddy's new bar that he and his Gf just opened.Tonight was the grand opening.Nice place,out door patio,with a pool table outside.Never saw that.I would guess it gets completely covered,duh.Lol.Good food,good beer.Good luck Chucky.If you live on LI,the bar is called Tailgaters over in Holbrook.Right down the road from Mama Lombardi's catering hall.

And what pleased me today?  We are in the home stretch for NNL East!

I am finishing up the vendor badges and envelopes this weekend.

image.png.61347c97d459f574b06009154fea12d6.png

Buttons have been done....

image.png.e59a9f713b0ea4b9c9c8f7476def5ca3.png

We have license plates this year!  Model Car Garage has provided us once again!

Next Saturday our club will  meet to pack up the goody bags.   End in sight!   :lol:

YARD WORK. It is a pain in the you know were at one level and a very satisfying thing on another. Yesterday was spring preparedness day. I did the major service on the riding mower. Removed the mower deck for cleaning and lube all the joints. Changed the blades. changed oil and filters for oil, gas, and air. The push mower got the same treatment. Helped my wife clean out leaves and dead plant debris from all the planting beds and the plantings around the house. Mowed and edged the yard. Evening on the deck after a great steak dinner. Finished the last glass of Paso Robles Zin. as the lighting started to appear just after the sun went down. For us it was a great day and there just aren't enough of those.    

This little guy we watch one day a week and him and his sister 2 days a week in the summer but alas he goes to grade K next fall and we won't have them except for school breaks.

This guy and his cousin Liddie (his dad's twin brother's daughter) who is exactly on month younger are our last 2 grandkids. Now we are waiting to see which of the older of our grandkids will be the first to give us a GREAT!:lol: