Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
James2

What Pleased You Today!

Recommended Posts

Finally got some much needed rain this weekend , garden loves it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had neck-fusion surgery performed last month.  Finally got to get back behind the wheel of my Ranger this week-end.  Still cannot turn my head, have to rotate my whole upper body to look right and left, but I am driving.  School starts tomorrow, but I will not be able to drive a school bus for at least two more months.  Actually may get some bench time.  Had a fairly productive day at an auction yesterday - see post in "What did you get?".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I recently got word that two of my Great Aunts are coming in from Germany on the 26th. They’ll be staying about 2 and a half weeks.

One of them I’ve never met, and I haven’t seen the other one since I was about 4 years old.

Edited by Hotrod 97
Corrected spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 7:16 AM, TarheelRick said:

I had neck-fusion surgery performed last month.  Finally got to get back behind the wheel of my Ranger this week-end.  Still cannot turn my head, have to rotate my whole upper body to look right and left, but I am driving.  School starts tomorrow, but I will not be able to drive a school bus for at least two more months.  Actually may get some bench time.  Had a fairly productive day at an auction yesterday - see post in "What did you get?".

Just don't push it. Let it heal at it's own pace.😀

Takes a real calm person to drive a big vehicle with 30+ kids behind your back!!!

Been there, done that!:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Celebrated my sisters birthday up at her cabin in Horseshoe Bend Idaho.

I cooked dinner on the grill, we all were amazed by this wonderful sunset.

 

IMG_4457.jpeg

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a kind of magical evening, us sitting around the picnic table eating dinner.

The next thing that happened was some wild Turkeys thought they would join us.

Maybe 15 feet away. Looked over my shoulder and there they where.😀

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

Celebrated my sisters birthday up at her cabin in Horseshoe Bend Idaho...

Wow. If there's a heaven, it looks like that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heat wave here in Eastern Pennsylvania...  pleased that I have a pool.  Spent much of the weekend sitting there with a beer in my hand.  Expect to do the same later today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week I was at Walmart and saw that they were closing out the garden department...  Azaleas and rhododendrons were like $9.99 each.  I thought I'd grab a bunch, but wanted to see what was up at Lowes first.  I saw Lowes is still "business as usual" with no clearances.   Then I forgot!

Today I remembered. I figured everything was long gone. But I was headed that way anyway so I stopped in.  Well it worked out.  Everything was on final, final clearance for $3.88 a plant!   I bought all the decent looking ones they had.  Just left behind the dead and half dead plants!   I go through the check out and it's a grand total of $70! Score!

Then I remembered... it's friggin over 90 degrees outside and I have to dig 😝some 20 holes?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Last week I was at Walmart and saw that they were closing out the garden department...  Azaleas and rhododendrons were like $9.99 each.  I thought I'd grab a bunch, but wanted to see what was up at Lowes first.  I saw Lowes is still "business as usual" with no clearances.   Then I forgot!

Today I remembered. I figured everything was long gone. But I was headed that way anyway so I stopped in.  Well it worked out.  Everything was on final, final clearance for $3.88 a plant!   I bought all the decent looking ones they had.  Just left behind the dead and half dead plants!   I go through the check out and it's a grand total of $70! Score!

Then I remembered... it's friggin over 90 degrees outside and I have to dig 😝some 20 holes?  

Heh-heh....been there, done that...last month, bought a dozen arborvitae on close out at Wal-Mart and planted on a 90 degree day..then bought 1/2 dozen yews at Home Depot a week later.   Digging holes was something I hadn't done since I was a teenager..a new world of pain.   

Edited by Rob Hall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard that the Portello's they were building in nearby Avondale is open ! Guess where I will be tomorrow ? 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also found out my daughter which is having her first child in November has chosen my middle name as her baby boys middle name. No big deal I guess but made me happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Also found out my daughter which is having her first child in November has chosen my middle name as her baby boys middle name. No big deal I guess but made me happy.

Congrats!  It's great to have a name sake! 

I don't... I had two daughters. One of which has three daughters!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my daughters boyfriend ask me if he could marry my daughter last night thats what weve been waiting for!!!!!!

vince

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cobraman said:

Also found out my daughter which is having her first child in November has chosen my middle name as her baby boys middle name. No big deal I guess but made me happy.

That's special Ray!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Heat wave here in Eastern Pennsylvania...  pleased that I have a pool.  Spent much of the weekend sitting there with a beer in my hand.  Expect to do the same later today!

So does the beer help keep your hand cool ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to visit with and hold our first great grand child today. Great thrill for us. He's 1' 9" tall and weighs in at 8 lbs 2 ozs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

So does the beer help keep your hand cool ?

It does!   I'm hoping to hold a beer for much of the upcoming weekend. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

Got to visit with and hold our first great grand child today. Great thrill for us. He's 1' 9" tall and weighs in at 8 lbs 2 ozs.

Congratulations Tom!

......(hint) ..........   the next 7 are just as big of thrill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not today but yesterday I went to see my doctor/surgeon and got great news. Last month I had a partial(?) lung collapse and had to rush over to the ER where they performed surgery right there before taking me to the hospital. After 2 weeks in the hospital they sent me home with a tube hanging out of my chest and I had that for 2 1/2 weeks. Well the surgeon said that my X ray looked good yesterday and finally removed that tube. Just have to take it easy from now on and slow my life down a notch or two. I thank the almighty God for being there with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Got to visit with and hold our first great grand child today. Great thrill for us. He's 1' 9" tall and weighs in at 8 lbs 2 ozs.

Congratulations, that's special !!

 

2 hours ago, High octane said:

Not today but yesterday I went to see my doctor/surgeon and got great news. Last month I had a partial(?) lung collapse and had to rush over to the ER where they performed surgery right there before taking me to the hospital. After 2 weeks in the hospital they sent me home with a tube hanging out of my chest and I had that for 2 1/2 weeks. Well the surgeon said that my X ray looked good yesterday and finally removed that tube. Just have to take it easy from now on and slow my life down a notch or two. I thank the almighty God for being there with me. 

Amen, glad your doing better Nick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, slusher said:

Congratulations, that's special !!

 

Amen, glad your doing better Nick!

Many thanks to you Carl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to hear Nick , time to slow down a little and enjoy .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...