Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Yesterday, went to feed the furry foursome and noticed blood on the floor by Turner's bowl.  Usually, he and Bear plow throw their food like Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest but yesterday morning he was the last to finish.  Called the vet.....got a 1:30p appointment.  He's a Jack Russell mix so he's a known biter....his profile card at the vet has HWC (handle with care) boldly highlighted.  Limited inspection, he has some polyps by a couple teeth so he got an anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory/pain pill.  They ran blood work as he's 12 years old and they called this morning at 8a and he is cleared to go in for a teeth cleaning/full dental exam.

He must be part cat as he had dodged death MANY times.....

1)   Dropped at a shelter in a crate on a hot August day.....at the wrong door!  He survived 24 hours in 90 degree heat

2)   Spent a week at the rural shelter and his time was up.  The day he was to be put down, a rescue took him

3)   He escaped from the rescue and missed his first week for an event...he was missing for several days

4)   NEVER had an coyote in the 50 plus years I've lived in this town and one got into the yard.  Turner was the little guy that picked the fight and he's thankful has Aussie sister as she saved his *** as the other three dogs came to his rescue

5)   We had a bad spot in the fence and never had an issue until he and his Husky mix brother felt the need to re-enact the scene from Secret Life of Pets where Max and Duke go strolling down the street.  They cross two busy streets during the morning rush hour and we live near two schools.  Neither like loud noises and they took the route I least expected them to take.

Turner Nov 20.jpg

19 hours ago, cobraman said:

Drove out to Scottsdale and got some White Castle burgers . Have not had fresh ones since I left Chicago in 1977 . Had a craving for some . The frozen ones you can buy suck ! 

6C444437-BB78-4EA5-BF92-C4F779E10850.jpeg

ECD9BCAE-DD15-4971-9893-D99E21E4BEA1.jpeg

When I was a young child , in Arlington Heights,  going to White Castle was a very big treat. I remember getting the square ice cream scopes as well.  

1 minute ago, lordairgtar said:

The fresh ones suck too.

They were as good as it got in the middle of the last century. I have done exhaustive burger research since then in several different states and have even tried my hand at making some awesome home made burgers for which I have received  some acclaim beyond my family. Childhood memories are always better than fact I have found.   

3 hour moderate hike yesterday with minimal pain. 6 months of physical therapy, working every day I could, and forcing myself to exercise when it hurt like hell over the past 3 years has paid off.

Losing 20 pounds didn't hurt either (I've been losing 1/2 to one pound per week since I decided to). Still have another 15 to 20 to go.

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

3 hour moderate hike yesterday with minimal pain. 6 months of physical therapy, working every day I could, and forcing myself to exercise when it hurt like hell over the past 3 years has paid off.

Losing 20 pounds didn't hurt either (I've been losing 1/2 to one pound per week since I decided to). Still have another 15 to 20 to go.

Losing weight ain't easy!

I've dropped 20 lbs in the past two years, and with very limited mobility or stamina these day, it's been a REAL challenge!

I do feel better, though. 

Keep it up! :)

Wife's Durango was 'low' on anti-freeze so I went out and filled it with my fourteen year old in tow.  I gave a quick overview of what I was doing and why.....

Just another one of the life skills that was taught when I was in high school and have gone by the wayside......but I did learn how to calculate the sine, cosign and tangent and great British authors of the 1800's!   

image.jpeg

Ironically I was (and still am) a solid "C" student in English......I feel the need to prove that everyone once in a while.

It really comes to light when I type something in Word and it's so far off it doesn't autocorrect.....and when I send through the spellcheck, it doesn't offer suggestions!

On 11/15/2020 at 10:35 AM, espo said:

When I was a young child , in Arlington Heights,  going to White Castle was a very big treat. I remember getting the square ice cream scopes as well. 

Yes David I remember the cubed ice cream scoops as well from the 50's and don't think that I went to a White Castle 'til 'bout '62 after work with the guys. They also showed me the iconic Skip's Fiesta Drive In that was just plain awesome and I had spent a LOT of time there since the first time.

Woke up to the yard covered with snow. I am pleased because i picked up 90% of the sticks in the yard yesterday and burnt them and went to dads and did the same. My sisters helped at dads along with 2 nieces and a nephew. Took the older 14 ear old niece out driving in the side by side and I am alive to post this. She is getting better. 

On 11/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, espo said:

We have one in my hometown.  As a child, the family joke was White Castle only closes one day a year for the annual changing of the grease (this was well before many places were open past midnight or open 24 hours).