Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!


James2

Recommended Posts

On 9/15/2021 at 12:30 AM, slusher said:

I saw VHS players for sal at Walmart a couple years ago..

Mine hasn't even had blank VHS tapes for at least five or six years. I've been buying prerecorded old movie tapes at flea markets and yard sales and recycling them. I scored 6 or 7 on Labor Day weekend and it made my day! B)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2021 at 11:36 AM, espo said:

Finally getting  started on our basement project. We've been waiting over four months for the remodeler to get an opening to do the upgrades we wanted in our basement.  We had downsized our home after the first of the year and moved into a much smaller Villa, that's Realtor speak for a duplex, The basement has a small finished living room and a half bath now. We're having a shower added to the bathroom and finishing a bedroom with an egress window that will become my model room. At this point in life while I miss the old "big house" and the grounds, taking care of it all was becoming more than we wanted to deal with any longer. They even mow and edge, weed and feed, and anything needed in the yard. I just fill the bird feeders and watch the golfers go by from the covered patio. Life isn't half bad at the edge of the prairie.  

Been thinking the same!  We have an enormous house here in Pennsylvania.   We are looking to relo back to New Jersey to be near friends and family.  In NJ there are a lot of 55 and over communities of single family houses.  These neat little houses all in a row, I call them Monopoly houses.. my wife was pushing this option. These little houses aren't cheap.  Could easily buy a much bigger house in town on property for what they sell for. I was not happy.    Finally she realized we couldn't do our thing in one of these restrictive communities... she recently said we needed to buy a real house. Just smaller than what we have now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, Snake45 said:

Mine hasn't even had blank VHS tapes for at least five or six years. I've been buying prerecorded old movie tapes at flea markets and yard sales and recycling them. I scored 6 or 7 on Labor Day weekend and it made my day! B)

Snake, I have 7 blank VHS tapes, they're yours if you want them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kit Basher said:

Snake, I have 7 blank VHS tapes, they're yours if you want them.

Fabulous, thanks so much! The PM system doesn't work for me so email me and we'll set up the particulars: 

SnakeACP45 at AOL dot com

Thanks again! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Been thinking the same!  We have an enormous house here in Pennsylvania.   We are looking to relo back to New Jersey to be near friends and family.  In NJ there are a lot of 55 and over communities of single family houses.  These neat little houses all in a row, I call them Monopoly houses.. my wife was pushing this option. These little houses aren't cheap.  Could easily buy a much bigger house in town on property for what they sell for. I was not happy.    Finally she realized we couldn't do our thing in one of these restrictive communities... she recently said we needed to buy a real house. Just smaller than what we have now!

Your real estate market may be like ours and from what I have seen most everyone else. Unless you want to pay north of $225.00 per square foot you're not going to get a really good quality build, at least in this area. The materials not to mention the craftsmanship just isn't what it was 20 years ago when we built our previous home. The old house was a custom build and not what I call a "track house". Even in top condition with zero defects according to their building inspection, 1/2 an acer over looking a 24 acer lake and that only brings $150.00 to $158.00 per square foot used. Not counting the lot this home could not be reproduced for that price. So depending on what your life style needs are you may be better looking at a late model home that fits your needs and end up with a better built home in the end. New homes are great in many ways but you have to look at what you're getting for your money. For just the two of us this works fine. The down stairs addition, completing a half bath by adding a shower and finishing a portion of the basement as a bedroom, which was an option the builder offered, will raise the value of the home by more than the cost of the improvements and  I get my model room back just like the old house. I sure miss that oversized three car garage though. Good luck to you no matter which way you go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...