Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

8 hours ago, JollySipper said:

The Bradford Pear trees are blooming here in the complex...... They make a mess, but they're nice to see! 

Ohio has made it illegal to sell/plant them in the state as over time they split fairly easily in higher winds.

They are fairly common in the KC area. Beautiful trees, but don't hold up well in any high winds. We planted one in our back yard at the old house about twenty years ago. We moved last year. The tree was still thriving today. The only reason maybe because it is protected from the wind by three large Cedar trees that are even taller than the Bradford Pear tree. 

Today is a blue sky and full sun day in Up North Michigan albeit 32 degrees or so. Joyce is having a real good day so I asked her if she would like to take a Winter drive around the Leelanau peninsula. We enjoyed good driving conditions, beautiful Lake Michigan scenery, a real nice lunch at Empire, MI and very little traffic as compared to the Summer season. All and all, a great day with my bride enjoying the local area.  🙂

Joe

• Like 3

Had cataract surgery this morning at outpatient hospital surgical center. Other eye in two weeks. I had no idea it was treated as a regular surgery; hospital bed (well it is a hospital😀), IV, heart monitor, lots of eye drops for dialation, deadening.  Maybe I can see a bit better for modelling.😂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Had cataract surgery this morning at outpatient hospital surgical center. Other eye in two weeks. I had no idea it was treated as a regular surgery; hospital bed (well it is a hospital😀), IV, heart monitor, lots of eye drops for dialation, deadening.  Maybe I can see a bit better for modelling.😂

Had both eyes done a month ago. Best thing ever. Use glasses just to read fine print or when doing model detailing. First thing you will notice is how bright it is. Start shopping for some sunglasses, not those things the doctor gives you. 

Actually it happened last night.Back on this past Tuesday,i was picking up dinner for my father at a restaurant right near my house..I used cash to pay for the dinner.However prior to picking up the food,i went into the smoke shop next door,bought  a pack of cigarettes,some lotto,and then decided to check my balance from the ATM.I then walked out,got the dinner and went home.Anyway,then last night i went to use my atm/debit card,except i couldn’t find it anywhere.I tore my car apart,and my house.Then i just figured it wasn’t in the house or my car.So I decided to go check a 7/11,several miles from my house since i remembered buying a few things there on Wednesday night,on my way home from a friends..I figured I that I might have used it there last,and maybe I left it there.Then while going to the 7/11,i said to myself that maybe I left the card in the smoke shop.I stopped in,asked the clerk if anyone had left their ATM card there recently.He asked for my ID,which at first I thought it was odd.So I showed him my photo I’d,he takes a quick look at it,and then hands me my CC.I couldn’t believe it.He had told me that I left the card in the ATM,when i was there on Tuesday,and he was holding it in case I came back in.I was thrilled,but annoyed at myself for leaving the card there in the ATM.Anyway,long story short,I found my missing ATM card,and all is well.🤑😀

Edited by NYLIBUD
  • Like 3

I bought a nicely built 65 El Camino off of E Bay a while ago and with it, I now have exactly 100 model cars and trucks. Half of them are on display. I never did imagine that I would have that many. It's a milestone. 🙂

Edited by John M.
  • Like 1

Went to the monthly model club meeting this afternoon and enjoyed seeing three very nicely redone Hot Wheels cars shown to us by a nine year old model enthusiast. Very nice looking metal cars and he even chopped the top on one of those vehicles and altered the glass. We enjoyed listening to his description of the various details he included on the cars and his thoughts on future builds. Nine years old and it looks like he will be a model builder for the long run. He definitely put a smile on this old man!  🙂

Joe

Edited by Joe Nunes
  • Like 3

Drove up to K&K Hobbies in Port Charlotte (about an hour away) to pick up some supplies my LHS was out of. At the counter, they were selling fresh free-range eggs from a local farm for $6/dozen. I needed eggs anyway so of course I had to get them. Reminded me of when I was a kid and you could get model kits in the local Winn-Dixie grocery store, just in reverse. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jaymcminn said:

Drove up to K&K Hobbies in Port Charlotte (about an hour away) to pick up some supplies my LHS was out of. At the counter, they were selling fresh free-range eggs from a local farm for $6/dozen. I needed eggs anyway so of course I had to get them. Reminded me of when I was a kid and you could get model kits in the local Winn-Dixie grocery store, just in reverse. 

I used to have to go to the hardware store in town to buy a model. The five & dime didn't even carry them.