Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

I retire tomorrow and will be heading to Arizona on Friday to join my wife. I have been truly blessed by being able to work consecutively for 45 years for a company and later for a community college without a break in employment. I thank are good Lord for this on a daily basis.

I retire tomorrow and will be heading to Arizona on Friday to join my wife. I have been truly blessed by being able to work consecutively for 45 years for a company and later for a community college without a break in employment. I thank are good Lord for this on a daily basis.

Good for you Dale! Have a great retirement and adventure in Arizona! And build something! :lol:

Dale, congratulations on the retirement. There are a lot of good people building superb models in the Phoenix area so be sure to check it out if that's anywhere close to you now. I travel there at least twice a year.

G

Edited by Agent G

Hey, Dale,

Congratulations on your retirement! Welcome to sunny Aridzona! Whereabouts are you going to be calling home? B)

Hey, Dale,

Congratulations on your retirement! Welcome to sunny Aridzona! Whereabouts are you going to be calling home? B)

Thanks. I will be living in Fountain Hills. Rob Cantwell said you guys are good guys to know. I plan on joining both model clubs. Look for me in September as a visitor at both meetings.

Thanks. I will be living in Fountain Hills. Rob Cantwell said you guys are good guys to know. I plan on joining both model clubs. Look for me in September as a visitor at both meetings.

Great! While you're making calendar entries:

Saturday, September 13, there's a Modeling Clinic, put on by the local IPMS Chapter at the American Legion Post #1, 364 N. 7th Avenue, Phoenix 85007.

Saturday, September 27, there's a flea market/swap meet at the Postal Workers Union Hall, 3720 W. Greenway Road, Phoenix . . . 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. . . . admission is $3/person.

We look forward to seeing you! B)

My cat came back from the hospital yesterday, looking like Frankenstein kitty...huge line of stitches in her side, kinda looking like they made one cat out of two. Definitely NOT the doc to do plastic surgery.

The happy part is that with the growth removed, she has the same energy as she used to, doesn't lie around looking like "please just kill me" any more, and in another week or 10 days (if all continues to go well) should be her old self...with a few visible repairs. But hey, the purrer still works. :)

My cat came back from the hospital yesterday, looking like Frankenstein kitty...huge line of stitches in her side, kinda looking like they made one cat out of two. Definitely NOT the doc to do plastic surgery.

The happy part is that with the growth removed, she has the same energy as she used to, doesn't lie around looking like "please just kill me" any more, and in another week or 10 days (if all continues to go well) should be her old self...with a few visible repairs. But hey, the purrer still works. :)

The purrer is the most important part. If that's working, the rest can't be in too bad of shape. At least as far as the cat is concerned.

Scott

Three weeks ago today, my mother, who has been a healthy and very active person, collapsed on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night.

She couldn't get up, even with my father's help, and said that she couldn't move or feel her legs. My father called 911, and for the first time in their lives, the local all volunteer fire department showed up. The VFD was there within 2 or 3 minutes.

They rushed her to a hospital in Indianapolis where a Polish born female doctor asked about 8 million questions, and ran a battery of tests. Within what seemed to be twenty minutes, even though it was longer, this ER doctor came running down the hall, almost in a dead sprint, and said that a Life Line helicopter was ordered to take her to a hospital across the city.

Of course, we were shocked, to say the least. Life Line? Really? To a hospital across town???

Turns out that my mother had an aortic dissection, which is a fancy way of saying 'aortic aneurysm.'

I don't know if you all know this, but having an aortic aneurysm is not something you really want to face in your life. It ranks way above having stumped your toe, having the flu, and getting glue on a windshield, all at the same time.

After an emergency surgery, which lasted about 5 hours, and three weeks in the hospital, I am thrilled to report that my mother is back at home, using the same bathroom where she collapsed.

She still has a long road to recovery, and we are cautioned that life may not return to 100% normal again, but I am thankful that God spared my mother's life.

An aneurysm is about as serious as it gets. I'm happy your mother had an extremely competent doctor taking care of her who took appropriate steps to reach this successful conclusion.

I have no idea how or why a Polish native found her way to the hospital where my mother taken, or how she ended up working the graveyard shift on a Saturday night, but I will be forever thankful to her, and for God's plan, that the doctor knew to check for low hemoglobin, and then saw that it was low. I am just as amazed that she was able to quickly diagnose that low hemoglobin was the result of the aneurysm, which saved my mother's life.

BTW, my mother is only 66, and while not active like a kick-boxer or a bungee jumper, my mother is no couch potato.

I have no idea how or why a Polish native found her way to the hospital where my mother taken, or how she ended up working the graveyard shift on a Saturday night, but I will be forever thankful to her, and for God's plan, that the doctor knew to check for low hemoglobin, and then saw that it was low. I am just as amazed that she was able to quickly diagnose that low hemoglobin was the result of the aneurysm, which saved my mother's life.

BTW, my mother is only 66, and while not active like a kick-boxer or a bungee jumper, my mother is no couch potato.

So good to hear your mother is back home doing well. So many die from what your mom had. Such a blessing..

Glad to hear she is on the mend Jeff. This was the cause of my mothers death last November.

I'm glad she's doing well. Send her some love from Las Vegas will ya?

Also, never try to guess "why".

A co-worker was shot several times in a high risk car stop. We got him to City Hospital #1 asap but didn't really think he was going to make it. Here comes this young blonde German lovely into the ER. Thick accent and all she does her thing, stabilizes him and goes into surgery.

Ray retired 10 years later with 25 years on the job.

Turns out this princess had been with the Israeli Army and interned in hell. Gunshot wound? Meh.................

Why?

Who cares?

She was where she need to be when the time called for it.

Very happy you have a wonderful outcome to report, Jeff.

The Lovely and Gracious Mrs. B had a similar but slightly less severe event not long ago but is recovering very well. Hers occurred in the doctor's office during a follow-up visit. Had we not been there . . .

God has his plans. Thank Him. I do.

Edited by Danno