Model Cars Magazine Forum

Youngin from Oklahoma

Hello all!

My name is Cody and I am 25 years old and I am from Oklahoma. I have always been into many hobbies, and model cars was one of my first and favorite and have recently decided to get really into it and see what I can learn and do. Some of my hobbies are Playing Drums, Model Rocketry, Ho Scale Slot Cars, Rc Cars, and Airbrushing. I am coming off a big Ho Scale Slotcar kick that didnt end too well and was short lived. After building a 70 ft 4 lane afx track I hooked up with some other racers from a website and had some stuff stolen (first time I had ppl over to race the track) and other ppl in this group were getting things stolen from them and after 6 months the group fizzed out. After investing thousands into Ho slotcars I have nothing to show for it and a 4 lane track that collects dust now. I always buy model kits when I find them on clearance or at one of my favorite discount stores hehe. I sold a few kits but I have about 12 brand new kits ready to build.

After watching some youtube videos and looking through some my models, my styrene addiction began to burn deep within me and am now ready to do some more serious (more serious than when I was 12 and 13) builds and really take my time detailing and learning the tricks of the trade. Out of curiosity I looked to see if I could find any model car clubs/contests here in the Oklahoma City area with no success. So if you know of any please feel free to message me with info. I looked around in the forum a little and have already found vast amounts of knowledge and tips and I am looking forward to meeting some people here and learning more.

Thanks, LDB

Edited by LittleDrummerBoy Aka LDB

Welcome Cody! I'm an Oklahoman also. I'm in Tulsa. I'm not sure about Oklahoma City but in Tulsa the Hobby Town USA has a club. Also there is a really great model shop in Owasso called Top Shelf Models. It has everything you could ever want. Most stuff you would have to order online he carries in store. Hope that helps.