Model Cars Magazine Forum

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 2015 - NEW LOCATION & DATE

Danno

Here's the schedule:

Doors Open to Public 9:00 a.m.

Vendor Sales 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m.

Contest Registration 9:00 a.m. to 12Noon

Contest Hall Open 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Kids' Make-N-Take 11:00 a.m.

Raffle All Day (Additional Cost for Tickets)

GoKarting & R/C Racing All Day (Additional Cost)

Judging and Photography 1:00 to ?

Contest Hall Open Again After Judging

Awards Ceremony 5:30 p.m.

-- Model Pickup Following Awards Ceremony --

Special Hospitality for Entrants and Workers Following Awards

You will know me by my Cobra hat. How much to get in ?

There's no charge for admission. Entry fee is $12 for 1-5 models, $1 per model for each additional model entered.

Clayton, we're gonna miss you. Looks like the other big rig class entrants can breath a sigh of relief, though!

does anyone want to suggest a way to identify MCM forum members that wish to have a face to go with forum usernames or maybe meet at a particular place/time during the contest to chat?

maybe an announcement from the podium to let people know where to meet... and maybe name tags with forum usernames...

does anyone want to suggest a way to identify MCM forum members that wish to have a face to go with forum usernames or maybe meet at a particular place/time during the contest to chat?

maybe an announcement from the podium to let people know where to meet... and maybe name tags with forum usernames...

I believe I am handling the announcements this year , pretty sure that wont be a problem, but let me check just to make sure :lol:

Just got home from there. Nice place with lots to do. The show was great ! Got to see many of the models I have seen here. Best part without a doubt was being able to meet some of the fine folks that post here. I enjoyed that. I was on the hunt for 2 particular models but could not find either at the swap section. I did however find one that I wanted in the hobby shop section. Guess I will buy the other on ebay and just suck up the shipping charges. Lots of very cool models on display from some very talented builders. All in all a good time.

OMG - I just got home from DSC and this year tops them all. There were so many builds to look at and the raffle was over the top. It was awesome to meet some new faces and see their work as well as past attendees. If you missed it, this one will be tough to beat. Thanks to the guys at Cactus Car Modelers for putting on a great show and Bernie, Dan, Jonathan and all of the rest of the crew did an awesome job. Hats off to you for putting on an incredible show. Many thanks.

Edited by gasser59

Wow, what an AWESOME show! Got to meet some of the great folks who put on this show, as well as others from here on MCM. B) Super nice builds, great deals in the vendor area. What a building to put on a model show! Hope this is their new home for years to come, and I can make it annually and maybe bring a build or two on the plane and participate!

Thanks again for putting on a nice show, and for making me feel welcome, my new brothers from the west! ;) missed meeting a few members, hopefully next time...

Now to head back east later today, don't want to leave this GORGEOUS weather!!! :(