Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is yet another build sitting on the bench wanting my attention. It will be curbside, unlike the gorgeous trailer posted here a short time ago. Today, I worked on the circular windows for the sides. The "glass" is from the ancient "Hyper Hut" custom van, while the chrome rings are beauty rings from unknown source. I'll be using the wheels and caps from the Monogram '56 T-Bird, and the cycle fenders from the AMT '25 T.

post-14132-0-21735800-1406664579_thumb.j

Edited by wayne swayze

Haven't decided about a tow vehicle yet....maybe the Merc woody.... maybe the '34 pickup in this earlier photo. I'm going to attempt to make the trailer a bit like a woody, that's the plan. When I started the trailer, I was remembering the cult T.V. program called "Twin Peaks". So the fenders have peaks, the body of the trailer painted red, and the curtains sorta resemble the pattern on the floor in the surreal episode (?) And the lower portion of the trailer done in "wood". I've already built custom housings for '59 Caddy taillights. If anyone knows of a kit with Washington state license plates, please let me know. Thanks for your interest.

post-14132-0-78731500-1406688657_thumb.j

Got to spend some time in my little shop this afternoon. Still working on this small project, but today , I was having some FUN! Got the curtains figured out, the support rods for fenders were made from a paper clip, and I'm using the hinges and handles from a '37 Ford. I thought the 1/2 round coming off the bubble windows gave it an "Art Deco" feel. Thanks for looking.post-14132-0-39235400-1407274656_thumb.j

Well, I have most of the pieces figured out. The rear bumper and brackets will likely be '32 Ford, as I have a few spares. The inner support walls will get started later today. I have the dark red paint, so it shouldn't be too much longer 'till this project is done, hopefully by the end of the month.post-14132-0-26897000-1407590254_thumb.j

Well, nothing really noticeable today, although I was busy for a while in the "shop". Went through my old chrome trees, and found a '37 Chevy bumper, but had to take some material away from the middle. Built a support bracket to go behind the bumper. I also removed excess length in the top, added a strip of styrene for a door threshold and placed the spears behind the bubble windows.post-14132-0-56554000-1407889479_thumb.j

"Knock on Wood", but everything is fitting well so far. Today, I got the taillight mounts in and the fenders/wheels all together. I also BMF'd the sectioned rear bumper and started on the wood trim for the sides. Also prepped the curtains to be installed after paint. I believe it's time for a nap! hahapost-14132-0-21705700-1408055129_thumb.jpost-14132-0-08414100-1408055163_thumb.j

BAGGED WOOD.....

Well, today is gluing the body together day. Sorta feels like the BIG commitment....no turning back at this point! The metal rod is supporting the taillight bracket inside the trailer. I'll leave it for a while until the glue is thoroughly dried, then remove the rod and masking tape.post-14132-0-85568600-1408553741_thumb.j