Model Cars Magazine Forum

1999 Mustang Cobra

bogger44

It's been a busy year cutting into my building time, but here is my 3rd completed model of the year. It's the original issue Revell/Monogram kit, built straight out of the box. Duplicolor Cardinal Red was sprayed onto the body, then polished out. The decals were shot so there's no underhood markings but was no biggie to me. I left off the running horse in the grille as it had broke when I tried removing it from the tree. No big issues in building this one, only the front suspension gave a lil fuss. After taking the pics, I see I overlooked a couple small items I'll address shortly, namely blacking out the face of the scoop on the rear fenders. It doesn't really show up in the pics, but I did paint the rear side marker lights. I may give them another coat of paint to make them pop out a little more. Enough with my rambling, on to the pics......

99MustangCobra047_zpsb456ca01.jpg

99MustangCobra048_zpsfe0500db.jpg

99MustangCobra030_zpse85fe678.jpg

99MustangCobra045_zps5799294f.jpg

99MustangCobra014_zpsd645a819.jpg

99MustangCobra031_zpsa12cdea8.jpg

99MustangCobra035_zpsa6c8ce6d.jpg

99MustangCobra032_zps0d61d109.jpg

Thanks guys. Building something box stock was a nice change of pace and refreshing.

Shiney! I have a few of these i need to get done..... i want to make a "vert" cobra as well !! wish me luck!

Sounds like a good project, good luck!

Looks real! Really nice red, is that a factory color? Don't worry about no hose or decals under the hood, looks good to me!

It is a factory Ford color, but not for the Cobra. It is pretty close to the available Rio Red, though. Actually, I'm not sure what years Ford did use Cardinal Red. :blink: