Model Cars Magazine Forum

1935 Ford "Dearborn" C.O.E ,Bogie Drive Car Hauler.

Here is what I will be using to get the interior right. This seat is from the Lindberg 34 Ford Pickup. I will be splitting the base in two. The interior bucket is from the other 37 pick up. I was going to cut this one up to use for the door trims on the other one but I have decided not to. I don't like butchering perfectly good parts if i can avoid it. Once I have removed the bench seat from the other bucket I will still need to find some corners to make up the bottom of the door trims. To do this I may just make a small mould of the top corner of this bucket and cast a pair of corners to add the the first bucket. I am also thinking of keeping the seat half removable to that the petrol tank can be seen.

P8083119_zps3e3efdfd.jpg

Edited by fractalign

Speaking of the petrol tank, that will be a whole other task, I could easily just add the seat and forget it but since I want this build to me as accurate as possible I will be scratch building one and adding it. The other thing I will need to do is change the steering wheel to a four spoker. Before I do any of this i will get to completing the lower part of the cab and grill.

P1020251_2_zps995fcfe6.jpg

Edited by fractalign

Hey Guys.

Thanks for all the positive comments and as far as left or right hand drive builds go, I will be keeping it Left Hand Drive, as we did not have these early C.O.E,s over here. As far as the truck in the image goes I will be a doing a right hand drive build of it further down the track minus the weathering.

P1020250_zps96c54366.jpg

And here is the other one. This will be the actual cab that will be transformed. The other one is just a guide but I will keep it together because the grill is glued into place and it will be easier to make the hood from this one. The blue cab will need most of the front from the A pillars forward removed once the hood has been made.

P8083126_zps783ba08d.jpg

While waiting for the putty to dry I got stuck into constructing the grill. I placed a piece of modelling clay at the end of the running board to hold the lengths of tube in place, at the other end used a scrap of balsa as a base to glue the lengths to.

P8093161_zps1cec60d0.jpg

Here is how it turned out. Unfortunately I can't finish it due to the fact that I ran out of tubing, I will get some more at the end of the month in the meantime there are plenty of other things to finish including the cab.

P8093164_zpsb76ca6df.jpg

Edited by fractalign

Hey guys.

Firstly thanks for all the comments and as Henry so rightly pointed out there was an alignment issue at the rear to deal with. The panel was a little wider than it should be. So I narrowed it slightly. Sorry there are no photos but I will put them up tomorrow. I have decided to attach the side flanges to the bottom of the cab rather than the panel so the panel will lock into place with the cab a lot easier. So that will be the next task.