Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Challenger *environment friendly*

om617

Well,it`s green so it blends in lol.

This is the Monogram you can build T/A or streetmachine. I wanted somthing a little diffrent.

Paint and primer is Tamiya,i did a fatal mistake of polish it with compound instead of polish,

both bottles are close to identical,sloppy of me. I used the 440 Magnum engine from the 69

Revell Charger,coupled with the kit 4speed,i also used the exhaust with some modifications.

Put on some R/T and six pack emblems,antenna,exhaust tips,some tire decals,these where

not shaped correct so they are not perfect fit. It still got the 340 six pack air cleaner and air

grabber. The engine room is very spartan on detail,so i try add heater box and hoses,also

an windsheild wiper motor. Then some decals/warnings. The radiator is modifies original

coupled with the 69 Charger fan cover.

Ok,here are some pictures. I might go with side decals later on,thanks for looking.

030.jpg

022.jpg

010.jpg

026.jpg

011.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

did you airbrush or rattle can the paint? I just used Tamiya out of the can the other day and it came out as good as my airbrush jobs. There paint is well worth the money if you want to use it from the can!

I always use rattle can,and it usually never fails to give nice results with light coats,Tamiya TS paint only so far.

Thanks all for the feedback and comments.

I consider add R/T stripes and rear bodycolor T/A spoiler.