Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is the one (1) station wagon you'd like to see kitted?

PMC offered the Country Sedan wagon in 59 and many were sold as Toys that never warped.

I know, I have 3, and a Deluxe Promo. One of my toy issues was cast and offered by

Bob Swartz at Model Cars & Parts Resin MANY years ago.

I do not believe he is still active.

But, The 59 Ford wagon Has been offered by other resin castors, so IS out there.

As for the 63 Nova/Chevy2 being re-issued in 2n1 version.

That one we Might be able to say NEVER and get away with. AMT butchered that kit into

the "Bossa-Nova" Mid-Engine Dragster last seen through Model King.

On to which ONE I would like to see..............................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too hard to pick.

I am Trying to do the 59 EDSEL Villager myself (Two actually 1 styrene & 1 Resin)

so can wait on that. {Why did AMT Not have another Edsel planned for their new-tooled

58 Pacer??!!!!!}

Of the MoPar listed, the 67-71 Satellites were used by LAPD for Shift Command/Supervisors

(Remember Sgt. MacDonald driving them on Adam-12)

Don't forget the 72/3 Matador either!!!!!!

I would love the Vista Cruiser. [ANY]

Though a 70 0r 72 first as They were used at Indy those years.

The 72 was an out right H/O!!!!! 2 were at least, for the Track Doctors!!!!!

Even if the Factory did not offer the G/P, 442, etc trim parts, That did not preclude a

dealer or better, an Owner from replacing original parts with them at some point!!!!!!

The 65 Tempest/Le Mans Safari I am working on will have the GTO badges & trim.

(That is IF I can ever get Back to it and finish the build/Bash!!!!!)

Sorry for the Long absence. The Good DELL I was using Crashed and took the Wireless adapter

with it.

I have a "new' HP with built in Wireless, But have to take it (TOWER/Monitor/etc Not laptop) to the Library

for internet!!!!!

Bob Swartz at Model Cars & Parts Resin MANY years ago.

I do not believe he is still active.

Wow! Haven't heard that one in a long while. I got some of my first resin from him back in the late 1980s. I got a '59 Buick that I've got in my unfinished project hoard and I believe a 1952 Ford. Resin was sooo prehistoric then!

• 8 years later...
On 8/8/2014 at 2:03 PM, sjordan2 said:

Didn't see this old thread back when I first joined, but a word search within it turned up what would also be my first choice, the P1800ES.

644911607_Volvo-1800esback.jpg.edb523e40fee57f57b8e7af939eccba0.jpg

Edited by Russell C
new photo for the old reply quote

15 hours ago, Mike C. said:

My cousin had a '64 Malibu, 2-door station wagon that was stock, but I always thought that car would have made a pretty cool hot rod. I know that Revell has the '65 4 door but I kind of like the grill of the '64.

R (34).jpg

There are a few resin casters that offer this body style. I agree with you about the '64 having a better face than the '65. I did my own '66 two door wagon using the Revell '66 4 door Chevelle wagon. 

• Like 1