Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 67 Camaro

Phildaupho

67camaro-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I am kind of surprised there is not already a thread of many pages regarding the soon to be released new tool Revell 67 Camaro. I have a stash of AMT 67 & 68 Camaros and Revell 69 Camaro Z28 kits to eventually build the three years of Penske Sunoco Trans Am Camaros. It will not surprise me in the least if Revell eventually releases 67 & 68 Z28's.

The Roof is too tall! They Photoshop'd it! The lights are too bright, the cigarette lighter doesn't work! How come Revell make a decent glovebox! I will never buy one! Unless they are on sale! And they come with more tires! And they offer decals! The box it came in is not square enough! The instructions are in black and white! Camaro means made in China! They need to make a four door of it! It needs more door handles! The roof is too short, narrow, curved, funny looking! It needs to look like the one they drove in the background of Maude!

First! :lol:

The Roof is too tall! They Photoshop'd it! The lights are too bright, the cigarette lighter doesn't work! How come Revell make a decent glovebox! I will never buy one! Unless they are on sale! And they come with more tires! And they offer decals! The box it came in is not square enough! The instructions are in black and white! Camaro means made in China! They need to make a four door of it! It needs more door handles! The roof is too short, narrow, curved, funny looking! It needs to look like the one they drove in the background of Maude!

My gosh your right Jesse! That's it! I'm never buying another Revell kit ever again as long as I live! To quote a line from the original Planet of the Apes, "BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH you! BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH you all to hell!"

Scott

:lol: :lol: This made me laugh really hard! It's interesting to see, what's "wrong" with this kit when they arrive in the Hobby Shops... ;)

Anyway I will be buying at least one of these for sure. It's a bit different from the regular '69 Camaro and this will be an excellent starting point for a Stock Eliminator Drag Car. I can't wait to see this kit in the shops and of course I can't wait for the pictures of the kit's contents.

Per conversation with Revell at our GTR Summer Meltdown, an RS Grill variant is very likely, convertible may be considered (if it is, maybe Pace Car?) and 68 NOT being considered at this point as AMT has their 68 out and the market may already be saturated there. Any time Revell comments at any show, it is a point in time given where they see the market and demand. That is a fluid area, so things can always change.

I am looking forward to this one too. I hope they get it close. I used to grab the new Revells the moment they got to the preferred retailers, but now I wait until I have seen the kit before committing.

I hope the spoiler is separate, or easily removed,because I have seen a couple of more base level cars recently that I really like. (It looks like it will be a separate piece.) I am already planning to make a flat hood or two and figuring out how to make non SS and RS Grilles. Hopefully, it will be feasible to swap parts with the Revell '69 and AMT '68 kits for maximum variation. I plan on raiding some '66 Novas for their 327s and making conversions for small block cars. There is a lot we will be able to do with this kit if Revell does a nice job on it.

For some ideas, try this site out. Just scroll down to the list of color names and click on one.

http://www.69pace.com/paint.htm

I made the mistake of going onto this site, and I think it is going to break my modelig budget. (Hello, Scale Finishes and MCW, and MCG and there go a bunch of '69 Camaro kits...) Seriously, they have paint codes and pictures for first generation Camaros and some of the cars in the pictures are awesome. (Anybody else think the 1967 Ermine White car with the luggage rack would stand out among the sea of stripes, graphics and high impact paints that dominate most modeler's shelves?)

Happy building everybody!

Dave

Wow! I post about nice subdued color combinations, and you post this! That looks great! You could pick up an older pro stock kit for wheels and parts. I think the FireFighter Mustang II might have the old Centerline wheels, but I can't remember if they are chromed or not. A huge number of these new kits should be built up as Super Stock and Pro Stock drag cars, pro street cars, '70s street freaks and the like. Take this kit, the half dozen or so '69 Camaro variants, the AMT '68, The '66 Nova Pro Street, and the two brands of '67 Chevelle Pro Streets, plus the '69 Novas and '68 Firebird. You can build almost any type of Camaro with the parts from that group of kits. I am trying to imagine all of the chassis, motor and driveline swaps I could do. (Thankfully, I build some slammers and slotcars, so if I raid a kit for the chassis, I can still make use of the rest.)

Good luck and post pictures when you build it!

Dave

yep ...from the box art they look to be 13inchers.

perfect for a big block powered road racer?

ooops again Revell....

Except all the road race 67-69 Camaros I've ever seen were small blocks; usually 302 cid. Big blocks are just too heavy. I've driven one; understeer does not begin to describe it's handling characteristics.

Except all the road race 67-69 Camaros I've ever seen were small blocks; usually 302 cid. Big blocks are just too heavy. I've driven one; understeer does not begin to describe it's handling characteristics.

I guess Revell isn't serious and is just providing a few parts to sort of approximate the appearance of a road racer...definitely not a Trans Am series replica. Besides the engine, the hood is wrong also for a race car. Enough parts so they can call it a 2n1 kit.

Edited by Rob Hall

Per conversation with Revell at our GTR Summer Meltdown, an RS Grill variant is very likely, convertible may be considered (if it is, maybe Pace Car?) and 68 NOT being considered at this point as AMT has their 68 out and the market may already be saturated there. Any time Revell comments at any show, it is a point in time given where they see the market and demand. That is a fluid area, so things can always change.

Revell-Monogram have a sort of tradition, concerning Pace cars, '55 Chevy, '64 Mustang, '69 Camaro, '78 'vette, '79 Mustang, '86 'vette, '93 Camaro, '94 Mustang, '95 'vette...

Edited by Luc Janssens

I am THRILLED beyond all belief that Revell has chosen to do a newly tooled `67 Camaro. What a refreshing release…BRAVO!!!!

At this point before I go to sleep each night you will find me on bent knees with lowered head as I prey to the “Styrene Goddess” that Revell will do a “RALLY SPORT” spin off of their newly tool `67 Camaro.

The hide-away headlight grill, the square turn signals in the front chin valance and back up lights in the rear valance panel are the primary essentials of a Rally Sport car. To my knowledge there hasn`t been a Rally Sport variant of this first year Camaro since the AMT`s Pace Car annual kit issued in 1967…wow!!!

The Rally Sport Camaro`s have been grossly under represented in the hobby.

As a spin-off kit and for a bite of variety instead of a Yenko or Motion `67 Camaro what do you good folks think about a `67 Camaro SS/RS 427 Nickey or Dana variant?

After all Dana was the first 427 Camaro! In fact it`s my understanding that there are only six or so documented ’67 and ‘68 427 Dana Camaro`s that exist today out of the 50 or so that were originally built.

http://www.thechevroletcamaro.com/dana.htm

Of course you gotta include the distinctive Dana “dual scoop fiberglass hood” that appeared on the Dana `67-`68 models.

67-68DanaHood.jpg

Note: That same distinctive “dual scoop fiberglass hood” also appeared on the 427 equipped Nickey, Yenko and Motion `68 Camaro`s.

Edited by 69NovaYenko