Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Oldie 9

Lovefordgalaxie

Here is another old build to bore you guys.

It's a 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery Deluxe, built from the AMT kit.

The paint is Tamiya TS-11 Maroon, a perfect match for the FoMoCo color Mandarin Maroon.

8280973283_b2bc98e835_c.jpg1940 Ford Sedan Delivery Deluxe by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

8282030152_731250f0fe_c.jpg1940 Ford Sedan Delivery Deluxe by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

8282030866_14ea92f048_c.jpg1940 Ford Sedan Delivery Deluxe by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

8282034166_e62c5bc041_c.jpg1940 Ford Sedan Delivery Deluxe by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

8280978559_b4fd689c1c_c.jpg1940 Ford Sedan Delivery Deluxe by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

8282037072_aa9d042b8b_c.jpg1940 Ford Sedan Delivery Deluxe by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

One of your best! (and they are all good!) The paint is beautiful... heck, the whole model is beautiful! I like your paint jobs. They're shiny and smooth, but they look realistic for the era... none of that "20 coats of clear" business. Very nicely done. B)

Very nice. But, I expect only perfect from you Tulio. And this one is not perfect. The taillights for a sedan delivery are all wrong. You built your kit correctly, for AMT box stock. But, Ford did not use those taillights on the sedan deliveries. AMT has always had this feature wrong in their kit. Those taillights are correct for non-commercial, passenger car models of Fords for 1940. I've wondered many times, how many people over the years knew about the taillight difference on the sedan delivery, and AMT's mistake.

Despite the taillights being wrong, I still plan on using them on my Three Stooges build of the same kit. They look better than the stock taillights supplied by Ford.

post-10661-0-59635100-1407798094_thumb.j

post-10661-0-75422600-1407798109_thumb.j

post-10661-0-34749100-1407798123_thumb.j

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Very nice. But, I expect only perfect from you Tulio. And this one is not perfect. The taillights for a sedan delivery are all wrong. You built your kit correctly, for AMT box stock. But, Ford did not use those taillights on the sedan deliveries.

40-ford_zps0222ccca.jpg

Very nice. But, I expect only perfect from you Tulio. And this one is not perfect. The taillights for a sedan delivery are all wrong. You built your kit correctly, for AMT box stock. But, Ford did not use those taillights on the sedan deliveries. AMT has always had this feature wrong in their kit. Those taillights are correct for non-commercial, passenger car models of Fords for 1940. I've wondered many times, how many people over the years knew about the taillight difference on the sedan delivery, and AMT's mistake.

Despite the taillights being wrong, I still plan on using them on my Three Stooges build of the same kit. They look better than the stock taillights supplied by Ford.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Scott

Yes, you are 100% correct Scott.

The very first time I posted this Ford, I said that the kit had wrong taillights, and thus was also missing a place for the rear licence plate. There are also no factory correct rear bumper supports, what is also a bummer.

But, like I'm into box stock building, and only very (and when I say very, I really mean it) very rarely add any extra detail, I just left the kit the way it came.

I only glued on the rear door a licence plate holder with a light, so the plate would have a place to be installed. Found the part in my parts box, and decided it was perfect for the job.

It really is perfect Tulio. Wrong taillights or not.

Scott

Thanks, really appreciated!! But one of these days I'll have to go to the next level, and to start to scratch build details.

For now, my concept of super detailed is a set of spark plug wires :lol:

All in all, I'm following my uncle's advice. He told me: "perfect the best you can to build with what is inside the box, once you are satisfied with what you get this way, then try some fancy tricks".

All in all, I'm following my uncle's advice. He told me: "perfect the best you can to build with what is inside the box, once you are satisfied with what you get this way, then try some fancy tricks".

Sound advice, no matter the field.

Trust me, you're ready for the fancy tricks.

Charlie Larkin