Model Cars Magazine Forum

Three Rivers Automodelers Annual Model Show and Contest

greg b

Save the day of Sept 28, 2014 and come join us at Castle Shannon Volunteer Fire Hall 3600 Library Rd., Castle Shannon, PA 15234 for the Three River Automodelers model show and contest from 9am till 3pm. Admission is $5 and children under 12 are free with an adult. There will be 18 judged model classes, registration is $2 per model, and there will be photos available. Our photos have been published by this magazine as well as Scale Auto. Many vendor will be there selling kits, toys, speciality parts, and supplies. Floor rights for vendors are $13, contact Don Bishop at 724 864 4905 (between 6pm & 10pm). Hope to see you there, for our pass the salt theme show.

• 1 month later...

A bit late for this, but I just heard about it:

Office of Mayor William Peduto

Library Road Scheduled To Be Closed Sunday
Closeure will impact Carrick, Overbrook and Brookline neighborhoods
PITTSBURGH, PA (Septmeber 24, 2014) - The City of Pittsburgh Department of Public Works advises that Library Road, SR 88, will be closed on Sunday, September 28, 2014, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and Noon. The street closure will enable the removal of large debris from the roadside between McNeilly Road and Saw Mill Run Boulevard, SR 51. Motorists will need to use alternate routes and allow extra time.

I'll be traveling in on an alternate route now, hope this doesn't keep anyone from coming!

I think the closure of Route 88 at Route 51 did a number on attendance. Originally the road wasn't supposed to close until 9am, then overnight they switched it to 0730. I didn't get that memo, and I presume most people who don't travel that road daily didn't know at ALL. So for giggles I started following the detour, which led...no where. It was unmarked past a certain point...unless it picked back up past where I thought it should have led. I flipped a U-Turn and came back through the backside of Castle Shannon, one of the benefits of living around here - knowing the roads. But people coming in from out of town, particularly from the NE & SE who aren't familiar with the area very well might be circling Youngstown still at this hour -- Route 51 N eventually terminates into Ohio...

It was a ghost town when the doors opened, but I think it managed to recover and have a nice day despite the detour, and the simultaneous home Steelers game.