Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Tim... absolutely incrediable work my friend. That work is just beautiful. You are the new Sherriff in town for sure. Love your work. Those fire bottles are just killer. I am just blown away the detail you are accomplishing in 1/25th scale makes me feel I need to step up my detail in 1/16th scale...lol

Imagine Jerry Lewis spinning and dancing with one foot while making wild arm gestures exclaiming at the top of his lungs; " There's a pretty...and it's amazing with.....oh my beauty then shining some.....but I can't believe the wunderousness...."

That about sums it up for me. Happy New Year Tim!!!!!

I want to wish ALL of you a Happy New Year first and foremost.

John (Mr. Teresi) ...a humble thank you for your comments. I hope you continue to follow the build and enjoy the good, bad and ugly as it progresses. Can't wait to see what you build next.

Andy, Bob, Dave and Scott.....also a big thanks for your interest and favorable responses!

Chris (Mooneyz) having followed your build, I would say there is nothing I have on you when it comes to "attention to detail". My only observation about building in larger scale is it's not easier as there is more you can see and do to a model when it is larger. Bigger means more work. I'm just trying to do things on this car that when I was a kid, I could only wish and imagine to even attempt. Keep going on your build and post some updates / pics soon!!!

Joe, Jerry Lewis was one very funny guy and I can picture him acting the way you described him. Too funny. And thank you too.

Gene, No, not a watchmaker. But I've always had a "builders" streak in me. Appreciate your following along as well..

Lastly, a special thank you to Comp1839 (Dave) for his help in answering my continuous stream of questions as I make headway. I'll post pics of my modified air bottle as he correctly stated that he thought it appeared to be too big. Which I suspected, but he pointed it out in the most professional of ways possible. A great builder and friend.

Cheers to all! Tim

Gene, Tom and Kerry, thanks again for following along on this project. Be patient, I said from the beginning I'm the worlds slowest builder. But I'm getting there.

Jeremy, tell everyone I said "hi" at the shop...you do a great job for all hobbyists. And thank you for the kind sentiment.

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks guys for the glowing comments. It IS inspiring as I continue the build I assure you. Today a few pics of the new air bottle and the aluminum bracket (almost) that I machined on the mill. I posted a pic too of my drawing and notes to myself before beginning to make them. Comp1839 and the knowledge he shared has given the confidence to get on with it and try my hand at machining. I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Cheers, Tim

TurboNewAirBottleandBracket004-vi.jpg

The 4 little holes go all the way thru the piece. I'll slice the alumimun into 2 wafers (about 2mm thick) the tiny holes are size 70. I had less than .75mm on each side of the hole. Probably the tightest I've had yet. The bottle will insert into the large hole and then I'll bolt it to the main hoop bracket that I have to make yet. I hope this makes sense.

TurboNewAirBottleandBracket005-vi.jpg

I have to tap and thread the tiny holes to secure the 2 halves of the bracket together. I'll seperate each one down the middle of the bottle hole.

TurboNewAirBottleandBracket006-vi.jpg

I can see and understand exactly what you're doing there. Easy to understand explanation along with great pics. Also a kick in the pants reminder that I should have persued drafting, as it was too fun starting in the 8th grade. We even built models in that class.

Muy Bueno Stuff Tim.

Thank you Joe...and you're correct in terms of my approach, it's the sum of the parts not the whole I'm after.

Gene, the bezels are some tiny ModelCarGarage PE pieces that I have. The gauge decals were the hardest to find even though I have a large selection. They were off a Slixx sheet, but I can't say which one. I believe it was one of their modern Promod sheets. Hope that helps. BTW, the gauges themselves are alum. rod rounded and drilled to look like a gauge body.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim...been following this for some time now, and others have also sent me links expressing their amazement which I share.

This is truly exceptional work, and it's cool to see how much you enjoy each phase of the build process. Congrats and best wishes....TIM

Edited by tim boyd

Tim, thank you man for the wonderful comment(s). The build has been fun and rewarding I have to admit.

Here's the air bottle bracket and the location it will be on the main hoop sandwiched between the intercooler and funny cage. I might anodize it purple. The bracket works like a real one and no glue will be used to secure the bottle. I have enough bolt on the backside to attach it to a bracket I have to make to secure it. Cheers!

enryJTwinTurboBottleBracket3-vi.jpg

I made two of the brackets. The other one willl secure a fire bottle at the front of the chassis.

enryJTwinTurboBottleBracket10-vi.jpg

I think I have about 8 to 10 hours making the brackets and re-doing the air bottle for what it's worth.

enryJTwinTurboBottleBracket6-vi.jpg