Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Ahhhhh .... the "Mock - Up"

I've waiting on this...

Fantastic stuff here so far Tim,...

That looks like it's Gettin'kinda heavy....

Cheers

What he said!  :)

BTW, ever weigh that motor?

Edited by Ognib

Thanks Clayton, no Ray, haven't weighed it yet.  BUT, I did get on a roll this morning and completed the mock-up.  Satisfied with the results so I can tear it down and move on.  Enjoy and comments welcome as always.  btw, no glue was used over the past 20+ hours of assembly, all bolted together.  Cheers, Tim

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Mock-Up 097Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Mock-Up 070

Besides these pics, there are more on my Fotki page for those that are interested.

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Mock-Up 2 012Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Mock-Up 2 004

What I really think you need to consider, Tim, is building the Henry body out of aluminum, just to keep it consistent with your virtually all-metal theme you've followed thus far... LOL

By the way, I can't wait to see what you do when you shift to the front suspension work.

Edited by futurattraction

Tim... I am super impressed by this and your work. It makes me want to pack up my Army Funny car..... sell all my stuff and start a new hobby.... lol. You seriously have to be one of the best. I really admire your work and skills. Your attention to detail is out of this world. I can't wait to see what you suprise us with next. I would love to see what you can do with a 1/16th scale build. You are making me want to get back to the bench.

Aaron, thank you, again nice to see comments from so far away.  The forum is well represented globally.

Art - appreciated...."home stretch" is a year from now as best as I can guesstimate. I'm going to wrap this one up by fall 2016 one way or another which means I'm now about 60% of the way through it.  No way around that fact as I'm such a slow builder.  oh well.  again, many thanks.

Michael - me first.  ;)

Sorry Scott, i just don't have that kind of ability to do the body out of aluminum.  I'd like to learn how to pound brass someday.............

DaveWilly - thanks!

Dave my friend (comp1839) - THANK YOU for all of your insights and assistance on a build that I thought I knew something about but came to realize how little I truly did know.  Your mentoring has been invaluable and has helped me become a budding amateur machinist and better modeler.  For that I will always be grateful.

Ray - Wonderful to see your new 32' build and the rapid progress on it. I can see the juices are flowing again.....YEAH!! 

Chris - Sincerely hope you'll be back at your bench soon and finishing the Vega.  Hope all else is well with you and your family.

Disabled Modeler - thanks for checking it out and hope you follow along as I move on with the car. 

Lastly, here's a pic I wanted to share of the chassis / engine in the same shot.  Didn't have the ability to post it earlier.........Cheers to all,  Tim

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Mock-Up 2 040

Looks like a half ton of Model Machining & Metal Manipulating Madness to me.

Codi......I bet if you put this in a Jewelry shop in Beverly Hills......this would sell for Mucho Mucho money:)........"Outstanding" work Codi

You wouldn't even need to add a jewel to it. Besides, there's no room for one. Well maybe a small sapphire to plug the intake when it's not running. WHAT? Oh, yeah.........

Sorry for not replying sooner............

Edgar - Glad you checked the car out and like what you see.  Thanks

Andy- My pics are of reasonable quality but with my limited computer skills, there's no photo shopping going on in this house.  ;)

Scott - Thanks as always and appreciate the quick turn around on the parts I just ordered from you.

Mr. Teresi - see my comments on YOUR build please.  Just fantastic stuff as always and many thanks for your continued interest in Henry.

Ray - Appreciate the "photos" comment.  I credit the camera and lighting for the quality of them.

Joe - Glad to see you moving along with YOUR build too.   The sapphire is in the intake, but you should see what's in the oil pan. :D

Romell - I've followed your work before sir, and you do some serious modelling in your own right. Thanks for checking out the build and hope you continue to follow along.

Clayton - I prefer crazy instead of insane.   Seriously though, thank you for your positive comments.

Luis - Glad you llke it too and like the others that have visited perhaps for the first time, I hope you join me while I take this "journey" on this build.

What's next.................well, my friend Dave was kind enough to impart 6 hours his time and knowledge on what awaits me.  I feel like Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit and Dave is Gandolf (correct spelling)  After putting the car together and tearing it down I was feeling pretty satisfied with it.  Well, that bubble lasted a day and Dave popped it. I have a LONG way to go on what I have to make for the car yet. It begins with a LOT of research of particular products and then how to fab said parts. Dave shared so many important aspects that I should (will) consider for the car that I came away with my head swimming.  Complete brake system, chutes, doors & windows, pedal assembly, firewall, front clip, front struts and hubs, VERY detailed electronics and on and on.   But I at least know where to look now for answers and what I want to replicate.  I've resigned myself that I likely won't finish it till late 2016 at best.  I am going to start my Mustang Funny (not the new Mustang but my stretched 71' rear-engine funny sometime over the winter just to avoid burn-out and to get a jump on it for when Henry is completed.   Cheers to all and enjoy the rest of your Labor Day weekend !   Tim

Tim.. What I would give to be mentored by Dave. He has helped me  with a lot of little things in the back ground of the Army Funny Car. Anytime I had any questions he was more than willing to answer them. I really wish I had a mill to make my own parts. I thinks is a great idea that you are going to start another build so you won't burn yourself out on this one. That is one of the reasons why I have started another build or two while doing the funny car. I can't wait to see what you do on the '71 funny car, seeing what you are doing here I know that you are going to Rock the funny cars world...lol

Edited by Mooneyzs