Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Tim.... Wow!! You have me speechless. I am so impressed with your talent and what you are doing here. Some days it makes me want to close shop and stop building....lol. Honestly it is very inspiring and makes me wish I had the money for my mill and lathe that I want ever so bad. That line lock and proportional valve are pieces of art. I can not believe how small they are or how big that pencil is.... Lol I am ready for another update....lol

Ok, two things.... I see you must of found out where John gets his life size coins and somebody needs to tell me where your getting them!!! LMBO

Also if this thing doesn't win like the top award a model and or modeler can get, I'm quitting building!!!!!!

Ok, and a third, is this going to run and drive too??? I only ask because your level of detail is by far one of the best I've ever seen. John Teresi is right up there with ya!!!! You two are modeling Gods as far as I can see!!!!!!

Ok, two things.... I see you must of found out where John gets his life size coins and somebody needs to tell me where your getting them!!! LMBO

Also if this thing doesn't win like the top award a model and or modeler can get, I'm quitting building!!!!!!

Ok, and a third, is this going to run and drive too??? I only ask because your level of detail is by far one of the best I've ever seen. John Teresi is right up there with ya!!!! You two are modeling Gods as far as I can see!!!!!!

Kerry......thank you for the kind compliment.......I look at a picture of a part and just make it out of plastic......but,Tim uses machines and does brass work .....and that is a huge gift to be able to do that......I could never do that......I`m not that skilled......and I know nothing about car engines.........I really don`t think I will go any further than what I do......I will just stick with plastic......but,I give a big shot out to Tim......he is the "BEST".......and I really mean that........sorry for hijacking your thread Tim.......I just want everyone to know how I feel about your work:)

Kerry......thank you for the kind compliment.......I look at a picture of a part and just make it out of plastic......but,Tim uses machines and does brass work .....and that is a huge gift to be able to do that......I could never do that......I`m not that skilled......and I know nothing about car engines.........I really don`t think I will go any further than what I do......I will just stick with plastic......but,I give a big shot out to Tim......he is the "BEST".......and I really mean that........sorry for hijacking your thread Tim.......I just want everyone to know how I feel about your work:)

I do agree with you John, but the level of detail you put in is amazing.

Today I had the extreme pleasure of seeing this in person. Mind blowing, wow, whatever adjectives you can muster are inadequete. My brain is still reeling from looking at it and gaining great tips from Tim. He answered all my stupid questions and showed me other completed builds. His work area is fully stocked and ready to handle anything his imagination wants to do. Thanks again Tim for your generous time and sharing. 

I was going for a funny reply to your commentary, but I'll just say thanks to each of you for the compliments you've extended.   It was nice to meet Dave (GoatGuy) yesterday as well. Our hobby has a lot of friendly people and for that we're really blessed.  Today I started (yes Joe, I know it should have been completed by now but nothing goes quickly remember?!! )  I machined the body for the master cylinder and I have to make the reservoir for the top which I'll make of plastic and paint black. I have to add fittings and a rear plate to be able to attach it to the frame.  Machining this was fun as I wanted to replicate the channels on the sides and the thin spine on top.  The holes for the hydraulic lines on the side intersect the channel and sides of the body.  The small s/steel tubes are just over 1.0mm in length that are fitted into the holes, they're not glued in just yet.  Overall length is 8mm. Making this wouldn't have been possible without some awesome prints of the real deal from Dave (comp1839) and I think it only appropriate to thank him once again for the knowledge he shared.  Appreciate again all of your interest in this project of mine.  Cheers, Tim

Henry J Twin Turbo Master Cylinder 017Henry J Twin Turbo Master Cylinder 029

Henry J Twin Turbo Master Cylinder 002

Thank you one and all.....and Joe, the actual Wilwood reservoir is made of black plastic, so that's why I made mine like that today......there are a lot of subtle things in terms of dimensions that went into making the top, but I think it came out fairly accurately.  The entire unit is 1cm. in length. Appreciate your looking in.  tim

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Master Cylinder 080

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Master Cylinder 067

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Master Cylinder 113

Once upon a time, there was a model builder. Then one day, the model builder saw a perfect replica of a master cylinder and wept. The very next day, he sold his collection of built and unbuilt models and bought a ton of yarn so he could start making ugly Christmas sweaters.

The End

Tim......I love the fact that you are making every detail.......every nut and bolt......I try and do the same thing ......but,not at this level.......you Sir are The 'BEST":)........and Tim,what I like the best about you is that you are so good at what you do......and you are still a down to earth person........you have the personality of a real person without thinking that you are above everybody........that is very important,to stay humble........thanks Tim

Edited by John Teresi