Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Thank you fellas....been working away, pics coming soon hopefully. 

Joe, I use ScaleHardware for certain nuts and bolts. A LOT of .5mm threaded stuff that they stock that is perfect for the build. I have also used a fair amount of T2M hardware for a lot of the larger sizes that I buy from BNA of Australia.  Stuff is not readily available in the USA unfortunately so you have to go half way round the world or England.

Ray, yes sir. Got the lathe a couple months ago and it's become one of the best door stops I've ever had. Not that I can't / don't use it from time to time, but the mill IS far more versatile and a better investment for the money spent.  If you're going to buy either or machine, step up and buy the mill first (or only) would be my advice.  Having the lathe is great in certain applications but it's just not the bang for the buck that the mill is. 

Cheers

Edited by Codi

THERE he is......hi ya' Randy, what a nice surprise to have you visit and post on the site again.  LIke everyone else, we're hopeful you'll be back on your builds and will share your progress.  I've not forgotten your GT 40 build.......

Today I got a quick mock-up done of the brake pieces and tomorrow I'll do the final detailing and assembly of them so I can get the struts / spindles on. Cheers

Henry J Twin Turbo Front Brake Mock-Up 044

I really like the way the Renshape machines and takes color.  The texture was perfect for replicating carbon brakes.  Thanks again Dave for the suggestion.  ;)

Henry J Twin Turbo Front Brake Mock-Up 001

All of these pieces were machined over the last two weeks...a bit steeper learning curve than I anticipated......

Henry J Twin Turbo Front Brake Mock-Up 036

Thanks everyone. 

Joe, no hatin' going on here......but I won't be making copies I assure you.   Sorry dude.

Andy, thanks and yes, you should give it a try...........I'm thinking of future parts / builds that I can use it again.  Once you try your hand at machining it, you'll be truly impressed....I promise.

Got the last of the brake brackets done and now I can move onto getting the front end on this thing.  The little bracket you see is actually 2 in 1.  I've not cut it down the middle yet but they mirror each other.  This little bracket is affixed to the spindle where it meets the strut. The brake caliper bracket (pic 2) gets bolted to it.  The last pic shows all the different bits and pieces I've been machining the last several weeks......I didn't realize how many little parts that I had to fab when I started and it just snowballed from there.  Sorry to ramble........here are the pics.  cheers

Henry J Twin Turbo Front Brake Components 009

Here you kind of get the idea as to what the little brackets purpose is.

Henry J Twin Turbo Front Brake Components 022

Stuff..................lots of little stuff.............

Henry J Twin Turbo Front Brake Components 053

Why such a big hook?   :D

Because it's be REALLY close to being a 1/25th scale Royal Coachman. So once you've done that you could work on somethin' smaller like midges  to show Tim what small and detail REALLY amount to .

Could you imagine how thin scale thread would be......................