Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Bob, I'm looking forward to attending my first show sometime this year.  Don't know when or where yet, but I'm going to make a real effort to attend one or two so I can finally meet other builders on this forum and check out the builds myself.  thanks again for your interest.

Eric, that is high praise and I take that compliment especially to heart.  I like what you've done with your build, a truly unique and well executed build. 

Brad, I don't know about  "schooling" anyone but I'm glad that you like what I'm attempting to do & build.  Steering rack is next.  My inspiration for that comes from Randy D. and his 1/25th scale GT 40 build he's currently making.  Truly amazing detail on a really tiny part.  btw, what's on YOUR table now?   thanks again!

Mr. Teresi, you're the Michelangelo of styrene,  He was a heck of a sculptor in stone, but he couldn't touch you in plastic.  :)  cheers

Tony, (GT Junior) now that's a loyal follower.  Sorry I don't have more to post as I'm so slow.....if you knew the time I put into that silly strap you'd shake your head in disbelief.  Hope you like what's next.

Dave Willy, thanks man!

Dave (comp1839) - I have a GREAT teacher so I can't take credit for all of it. ;)  If I can pull it off, I think you'll giggle at the steering rack mount brackets/posts that I have in mind.  We'll see.  thanks again Dave.

Joe, oh Joe, what can I say other than thanks for making my day start with a good chuckle as always.  Just like I asked Brad, what are YOU working on now btw? 

Cheers to each and everyone of you.  tim

Edited by Codi

Andy and Randy, greatly appreciated I assure you.  The tank strap is a bit thick however and I'll thin it down by about half before final install. 

Dave, appreciated too, nice to see you back on your build!  

Ray, yes, a slit saw.  I can make multiple pieces like I did on that stock and part off what I need. 

Steering box done.  Little bit of clean-up on it but its a step towards completing the steering rack.  cheers everyone!

Henry J Twin Turbo Steering Box 004

Have to part it off yet.

Henry J Twin Turbo Steering Box 052

Henry J Twin Turbo Steering Box 073

Dave my friend, thanks much!  Got about 10 hours in this little piece. 7 different components, 2 were machined to some degree, rest scratch. You should have seen the porcupine setup I had for securing all the pieces to solder it. 

Hey Joe, took a little time to prep the piece  by parting it off, final clean-up and prepping it for chrome.  Copper plated it with the Caswell stuff.  I've got to order the chrome solution yet.  cheers, tim

Henry J Twin Turbo Prep for Chrome 019

Gratuitous penny shot

Henry J Twin Turbo Prep for Chrome 032

OMFG…insert the word 'friggin' that is ever so beautiful and its not even chromed yet. Looking forward to your results with the Caswell solution.

The top of my head is getting so sunburned since I've had my hat off to you for so long.

Tim... Holy Crapoloa.... WOW you have me speechless. That steering gearbox is perfect. Super Impressive work yet again but then again I don't expect anything less from you. And I have to say that the Copper Plate from Caswell i looks perfect. I don't know how you got it to plate so good, when I did my copper flash I have had some trouble with it. Did you brush plate it or did you submerge it? I would be curious which  would result in a better finish and then I know it all depends on how much solution is in the jar for dipping. I am really thinking of trying another one of their methods besides the bush plating to see if I can get the plating down. Maybe a Electro-less system. OR I am just flat out doing it wrong... :lol: wouldn't be the first time screwing something up on the funny car... :lol::lol:. Keep up the killer work and I am curious what you have next on the plate to work on.

Dave, married BUT retired.  Keeps me out of my wife's hair.  :D

Randy, you being the master of soldering can picture that one I'm sure.  Anyone that hasn't taken the time to check out Randy's GT40 W.I.P. thread (Adventures in Soldering) are missing something truly special.  Take a moment to check it out and you'll be truly dumbfounded. 

Brad, yeah, back in the day, they used to make them about 5 times the size of what they do today.  But with the price of copper being what it is................Cheers! Tim

Made the first of 2 Tim Mcamis steering rack supports/brackets.  Chamfered, sliced, diced, drilled and I don't know what else but I'm sure I forgot some step along the way. To those that celebrate the holiday, Happy Easter.  Tim

Pic of the real deal from Tim Mcamis.

Henry J Twin Turbo Steering Rack Brackets 063

Henry J Twin Turbo Steering Rack Brackets 023

Henry J Twin Turbo Steering Rack Brackets 061

The steering boot is the same corrugated tube that Randy D. was kind enough to share for his GT 40 build.  THANKS RANDY!!!  

Henry J Twin Turbo Steering Rack Brackets 007

Tim... Wow.... you have me Drooling. What an awesome piece of work that bracket is.  It turns ed out gorgeous and then seeing it all mocked up... yeah you hit a grand slam on it. You are one heck of a Machinist. Keep up the great inspirational work.