Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Thanks guys.  Spent the day doing rails and brackets (2 down, 2 to go) for the pedal assembly.  Cheers, Tim

I'll solder the rails on. The bolts are .5mm threaded bolts from ScaleHardware.  The assembly will be adjustable as mentioned and the brackets you see I machined from aluminum.  Two gas pedal brackets (support and stop) to do next.  They're 5.0mm tall, 4.0mm wide and 1.7mm thick.

Henry J Twin Turbo Pedal Brackets 002

The slice down the middle of the bracket that slips over the rail is .4mm wide. Henry J Twin Turbo Pedal Brackets 020

Henry J Twin Turbo Pedal Brackets 009

Holy Schnikes Tim... Is there anything you can't do?? Hot Dang.... That is freaking awesome. That is incredible. Ok so what size end mill did you use to cut the slot in the Aluminum Brackets?? and did you  drill all of the holes in the Angle on your mill?

And one last thing.... How did you machine that Giant Penny....     

Holy Schnikes Tim... Is there anything you can't do?? Hot Dang.... That is freaking awesome. That is incredible. Ok so what size end mill did you use to cut the slot in the Aluminum Brackets?? and did you  drill all of the holes in the Angle on your mill?

And one last thing.... How did you machine that Giant Penny.... Whisting_zpsltmerutt.gif    Rolling%20On%20the%20Floor_zpszxzwuolv.g

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's losing it over your skills. Truth be known, Chris was half crazy before you got to him. Besides, after you tutor him, I'm next.

The penny was given to Tim for his first tooth. He hasn't spent it to this day. Then again, there's a teeny tiny chance I made that up.

Oh frigg it…I messed my self again. Dang it Tim. I need to get to Kmart and buy a whole case of new underwear and its all because of you.

That is ungodly work my friend. Is there a line for tutoring I should be standing in? How about a pull number machine I should be using? What number are we up to now?

I had to start at p39 to catch up on this monumental build. The first thing that hit me when I saw the mock-up was the time involved. Wow. And then the following photos........just........Wow. We are fortunate to have the skilled artists on this forum that we have.

Thanks each and every one of you for your posts....it's great to receive the encouragement but for you Joe in particular, thanks and I had to share that when I see Dave's progress and creations,  I realize that in the world of machining, I'm playing Pee Wee football and he's playing for the NFL All Stars.  Best analogy I can come up with. 

Chris  -  The slot was cut on the mill using a slitting saw. I have a variety of diameters to choose from and this one fit the rails perfectly.  The holes in the rails were drilled on jewelers drill press, it is scary accurate, not that the mill isn't (it's actually a bit more so) BUT again, the "feel" of the drill press can't be beat. The holes in the brackets were drilled on the mill.  Today, I was able to complete the "loud pedal" bracket and get it mounted, here are a couple pics of it currently. Again, my sincerest thanks for following along and taking the time to comment as well. 

Cheers, Tim

Henry J Twin Turbo Pedals Taking Shape 033

A pic in the car for reference..

Henry J Twin Turbo Pedals Taking Shape 011

Edited by Codi

I suppose next you'll tell us that the "loud" pedal will be functioning all the way to the fuel induction system complete with return tension. 

If you're a PeeWee football player, then I haven't even been born yet.

Edited by gasser59

Had a great day with Dave yesterday and learned some really good tips on how to use a lathe.  (and he was in RARE form too....I spent more time laughing than machining. :D  So today, I spent some time with it again and worked on the handbrake for the car.  I took 1/4" alum rod and took it down to 1.2mm.  Parted it off and put it on top of a stainless steel tube that I dipped in dychem.  Sherline builds a great product and I took advantage of their knurling kit that they offer.  You can see the diamond pattern really stands out.  A special thanks again to Dave for his mentoring and friendship.  Cheers, Tim

Henry J Twin Turbo Hand-brake 005

now THAT is funny Joe.  Thanks for starting my day off with a hearty chuckle.  thanks for your comments too Scott.  btw, wait till you see Daves next updates on his dragster thread, he's been sandbagging us, it's cooler than he's letting on.  cheers, tim

Edited by Codi

tim, your abilities to "get it" when it comes to machining are amazing.  i'm just impressed at your talent BUT, when i think about how small all of this is..............well, i just don't know what to say but.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. glad i could make you chuckle. i needed some one to vent on. :)

Should have this entire pedal assembly finished in the next couple days.  Then onto the master cylinder & brackets done along the handbrake.  The new bracket acts as the pedal stop and will have a plate and some sensors for boost control etc.  cheers

Henry J Twin Turbo Pedal Progress 004

Henry J Twin Turbo Pedal Progress 012

Your hyper-realism in spite of the small scale is most impressive & I really dig the way you get in for the close up shots...just verifies the accuracy of the work.

Please, carry on, sir!!  Truly enjoying this.

Edited by Ognib

Appreciated Joe, John and Ray.  Pedals are done other than the 2 brake brackets that will run to the master cylinder and hand-brake and there is a clutch sensor bracket & sensor that should only take a morning to make.  These updated pics show the throttle stop with boost & engine mapping sensors, the clutch bracket and of course the brake and clutch pedals (I used Futurattraction PE pedal pads btw).  I also soldered the rails to the base. I'll cut the long tube flush prior to final installation, it helps to get the entire assembly in and out for fitment purposes.  Thanks for looking, Tim

Henry J Twin Turbo Pedals 005

Henry J Twin Turbo Pedals 014

Henry J Twin Turbo Pedals 020

Henry J Twin Turbo Pedals 021