Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Hi everyone, I don't want to offend anyone by not calling you out specifically but I do want to say thanks again for your interest and "moral support" on the build.  The only thing I built this weekend were snow forts, snow men and a sore back........as many in the East found out.  That was a big one for sure. 

Clint/Brad, what is this "flyfishing" you speak of?   Should I stop building model cars and take it up instead?  :P

Ray, sorry, no pics of setups this time around.....pretty straightforward stuff to make the parts. 

Back to the bench come Monday.  Cheers to each and everyone of you.  Tim

Wrong place??? I'm lost.... I was looking for the model car section, but this all looks way too real!!!

On a more serious note: respect for what you are doing here. It seems like you put about as much time in producing parts as many/some of us do on a complete kit!! Great, great job!

Wrong place??? I'm lost.... I was looking for the model car section, but this all looks way too real!!!

On a more serious note: respect for what you are doing here. It seems like you put about as much time in producing parts as many/some of us do on a complete kit!! Great, great job!

I think this sums up your workmanship perfectly.

THAT'S funny Matthijs and thanks for continuing to follow along Tony.   Here's the first of the strut/brake assembly.  I won't bore anyone but these were a pain to assemble.  Stepping up to 1/16th on a future build is looking better and better..............Cheers, Tim

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Strut Assembly 007

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Strut Assembly 159

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Strut Assembly 061

Henry J Twin Turbo Completed Strut Assembly 064

Where in the heck did you get that huge pencil?? You still haven't answered me. Also, your fingers don't look much different than mine. How come mine don't work like yours?

Total amazement.  "These were a pain to assemble?"  Really?  I'll bet they were. Doesn't seem humanly possible in 1/25th scale.

Edited by gasser59

Tim... I am truly blown away and Amazed at ever update on this build. I know how much work is going into this and its paying off. I know that these had to be pain and I can relate with some of the items I have done on the funny car. But I can't believe the detail you are doing in 1/25th scale, Its freaking amazing. I will be honest... I think you would love a 1/16th scale build. I think you have done a Kick Butt job on these from struts. it turned out amazing. I can't wait to see what you work on next... well after you finish the other strut ;)