Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Hello and THANK YOU to each and everyone of you that has taken a peek at this thread and commented. I've gotten a new burst of energy off of your comments & acknowledgement of what I've been building. Can't wait to get back to the bench now.

I'm going to make an effort to do a true WIP on this particular build. I have a car to wrap up (my curbside LSR project) and then I'm into this build with both feet. I'll do my level best to post my progress and answer your questions along the way. I am certain that I'll reach out to YOU for answers to my questions as I go along.

To Mr. Teresi.....I want to personally say thank you as you are not only a great SCRATCHbuilder but are incredibly prolific as well. John, you build in 1 year what takes me 3, 4 maybe even 5 years to do. That has always amazed me. Love your stuff too if you can't tell.

Anyway, please be patient with me as this thread will go "quiet" soon as I want to finish the other project (which I promise to post when done) and then pick this one up along with a couple others.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Dave, the plan now is to display the car "Batson style" (a term I learned from Clay Kemp) which is basically posing the engine as you see it outside / alongside the finished body & chassis. I can't bring myself to cover it up now. Thank you for your post. Tim

Clay,

I have the utmost respect for your abilities and your willingness to learn NEW things. In the short time you've had your mill I am always amazed at your posts and the level of your building. Now before it gets any mushier here....let me just say I hope we can meet sometime at a show and spend some time chatting. Keep up YOUR great work. In the next few weeks I'm going to finally start using my mill....I hope I can be where you're at in a few years. Tell Jim @ MicroNitro I said 'hi' next time you see him. Cheers, Tim

Guys, I wanted to show this pic as I've seen your comments about the motors scale. I think you'll get a good chuckle from this 1 pic. Thank you again for the kind comments. Cheers, Tim

ryJTwinTurboCompletedEngine035-vi.jpg

Edited by Codi

Tim, that's just stunning work! I'm a long way from anything even approaching this level of work, thanks for keeping me grounded!

And I've seen Mark Batson's builds in person, your work is right there with his, you are one gifted builder!