Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Tim... you are unreal my friend. Man I love the fuel tank work and then to see the goodness of the drive shaft. Holy Smokes those yokes are incredible. I have to say when you get this finished will you take me for a ride in it....lol The more goodies I see you machine really wants me to hurry up and get a mill...lol you are a true artist.

That's it guys. Tim uses a "giant penny". Clayton, good that you cleared this up for us, now we can go back to the bench understanding more how he does it.

How does he do it?

Excellent fabrication Tim! Will you be running wires through the joints when you assemble the drive shaft?

This drive train will be out of this world.

Michael

Instead of making some crude yoke joke or even one about a drive SHAFT, I'll just sit here in reverent respect of your skills.

Okay. Glad I got that out of my system without giving in to silliness.

So anyway, this yoke and a driveshaft walk into the NHRA Museum.............

P. S. Chris, sorry, no passengers. That spot is designated for a cappuccino machine. Please refer to post #1357885 on 4 Feb, 2015 at 10:15 A. M.

Edited by Nitrozilla

Hi Guys....I have to run to dinner...I'll answer your questions and I want to acknowledge your appreciation for the build again. All day to make the pinion yoke. ONE very COMPLICATED little piece I assure you. It's 3.6mm x 4.5mm in dimension. the bolt holes are drilled to accept threaded .5mm nuts and bolts. I have to make the clamps that secure the u-joints.....then it's done. I think it looks great with the rear end that Dave made for the car. I spent so much time as I think it kinda desrves it.

Cheers, Tim

HenryJTwinTurboPinionYoke016-vi.jpg

HenryJTwinTurboPinionYoke034-vi.jpg

HenryJTwinTurboPinionYoke006-vi.jpg

Tim.... First off let me pick my jaw off the ground. I am speechless... Wow is all I got. You have done an outstanding job on that part. It is so exciting to see this and how good it looks along with the rear end. I think all the time you spent on this is well worth the hard hours put in. Be very proud of your work Ita some of the best out there. I hace to give you credit for doing this all in 1/25th scale. I think I struggle with my 1/16th scale stuff at times and you are working in things way smaller than me.

I think I need to to Pack the funny car up and find a new hobby... lol. keep up the great work on this amazing build. I look up to your work and am always looking forward to updates on this bad boy

Guys, Tim has a real big dime too that he can impress us with!

Looks fantastic Tim. Is there a special reason for doing this step in brass? I really like the contrast in the metal pieces when fitted together, some shiny, others real smooth, brass and aluminum together looks cool. I can't imagine that you'll paint any parts of the drive train. What's the plan?

Michael

Hi, I wanted to reply to all of the recent comments and to answer some of your questions.......I also want to thank each of you for your continued interest and comments. Tim

DaveWilly - I agree, there are no proper yokes/driveline pieces available. Not sure who or how might provide them....if in metal, you'd have to have cnc equipment I believe and they would probably be too expensive.

Randy D. - You rascal you....I found a thread on your wrecker build somewhere else on the interwebs. I LOVE that build. Are you sharing that here somewhere that I've not noticed? I don't know how you can build that AND your GT-40 at the same time. I know I wouldn't have the "bandwidth" to pull that off.

Brad- Yup, tranny yoke is next and I want to do the u-joints and carbon fibre the driveshaft. Sorry but no resin copies to be made. :(

Tyrone, Scott, Ray Kurn, GoatGuy, DeeCee, hansb57, Bob Taber and Mr. Teresi - Thanks fellas......no one has to bother to comment or express their appreciation but just the fact that you take time to do so says a lot. I personally get caught up with everything and at times I miss or neglect to take a moment to comment on others work.......I have to work on that and MAKE the time somehow. Now where's my mill and soldering gun? :)

Clayton - I've looked high and low and can't find a straightjacket in yellow (my favorite color) please let me know if you find one........

Chris - Can I have your funny if you're giving it away? Just kidding, I am anxiously waiting to see paint soon on your build. Your last update was fantastic.

Michael - I'm trying to keep what I can in metal and avoid painting as many parts as possible. I might anneal the pinion yoke but do the driveshaft and tranny yoke in nickel plate. I agree, whereever it makes sense keep the natural beauty of the metal visible. The chassis frame itself might still need to be painted......

Joe - I just got bad news, the capuccino maker is on BACKORDER.....and no idea when it will be available...what should I do? In light of the constant interruptions and distractions I've caused you, I've decided to quit on this build and go do something else. :rolleyes:

Art - Thank you sir for following too.....but I'm REALLY looking forward to your next update on your brass midget build..........hint-hint

i'm going to try to wrap up some loose ends in the coming few days and then I'll be taking a week off as I'm having trigger finger surgery and won't be able to build. It's my 9th one and its more of a nuisance than anything. Great time to do some research and planning though. Cheers to all, Tim

Edited by Codi

Joe - I just got bad news, the capuccino maker is on BACKORDER.....and no idea when it will be available...what should I do? In light of the constant interruptions and distractions I've caused you, I've decided to quit on this build and go do something else. :rolleyes:

Concerning the cappuccino maker, NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Concerning quitting the build, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Let's practice the art of compromise. How about a Mr. Coffee and after your surgery, you redouble your efforts for the inconvenience you're causing me? (Did I just channel Sheldon Cooper?)

Here's hoping for a successful procedure and a quick recovery my friend. Best wishes :P:D