Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Michael & Dave, thank you very much for the sentiments and interest in the car.

Today I got the chute bracket and braces done. Sure enough I got all of it made and on the car and the last joint (even with umpteen gazillion heatsinks attached....this thing looked like a porcupine) the dual chute bracket on the very end came off........these spaces are tiny.....but I got it back on and all straight and pretty. I'm slowly creeping up on getting the back half done. Next I'll clean up the ugly joints and add a few more braces and bars that are required. Then it'll be mock-up time again but this time with all hte bells and whistles I've made to see the whole picture. Comments welcome as always. Cheers, Tim

yJTwinTurboParachuteBracket002-vi.jpg

yJTwinTurboParachuteBracket018-vi.jpg

yJTwinTurboParachuteBracket031-vi.jpg

Looks great man. Your attention to detail is out of control, in good way.

I don't know if you've answered this before or not. But, how do you clean up the joints? I'm trying to gather some info so I can prepare for the build off road truck build I have in mind.

Edited by Petetrucker07

Thank you fellas.

Bob & Clayton, on page 27 of this thread I covered joint clean-up to some degree. I think it might be of some help but if you have more specific questions, please let me know.

Cheers, Tim

Hey Michael, Dave (comp1839) pointed out twin chutes are mandatory for any car over 200mph......so.........dual it is. I'll be making them from scratch, the cording I have is from after market model rocket chutes that I picked up cheap. I'll use medical tape for the outside material of the chutes. I made one up already and it looks very realistic. But I'm not quite ready to share pics yet. Cheers

Tim... those parachute brackets are out of this world and are gorgeous. I am now patiently waiting to see the chutes done now. I just enjoy seeing your work. Nice job.

....and I am not so patiently waiting. Until I get my room up and running, I have to get my fix vicariously through the works of others. Hup-Hup Mister.

My happiness is totally dependent on you. No pressure, but now would be good.

Tim, I checked the pics you posted carefully for funny comment material and I got nuthin'. I'll try harder next time.

Thanks guys for all of your positive comments. I'll have some pics to post soon of the new batteries and box.

Cesar, sorry for the delay in answering your question, I'm not quite sure exactly what you're asking me however. It seems a straightforward question but could you let me know specifically what you'd like me to share?

Cheers, Tim

Hey Jeremy it's good to hear from you and that you're still following along. Tell your dad I said "hi"...

The Braille batteries and tray are done. The batteries are made of aluminum, the posts are s/steel, the tray I machined from brass and the top strap is titanium ( I drilled it with 3 small "lightening" holes after I took these pics) . The terminals are brass knurled electrical connectors, bolts and threaded rod are from T2M. Just decals and wiring to complete them. Cheers, Tim

A pic of the real deal.

BrailleDragBattery16V168L-vi.jpg

yJTwinTurboBrailleBatteries127-vi.jpg

yJTwinTurboBrailleBatteries087-vi.jpg

yJTwinTurboBrailleBatteries043-vi.jpg