Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ju-87 B-2 Stuka from the All the Rest CB-2nd Place

I've seen some good builds come out of Revells Ju-88. Man those guys are really getting their act together with all this new tool stuff as of late. I don't, however , remember hearing anything good about the accuracy of the Ju-87 G-2. I have a G-2 but its the old Monogram kit, nuff said about that. lol

Well, I'm not much of an accuracy freak (nothing wrong with that, it's just not usually a big deal to me), but the finished models I've seen, certainly look the part, and that's almost always good enough for me. Generally speaking, I think it's hard to go wrong with any of the later 1:48 Hasegawa releases.

Hasegawa 1:48 Ju 87G-2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Congratulations!

That is a stellar build. I really enjoyed watching you work on this one.

In all honesty I believe there were two colors schemes for the snake. Red and tan. The old B/W film used by the Germans was quite sensitive, especially in the red spectrum. Red, red brown, rust, even pink,  etc all came out looking darker than the other colors. For that reason alone I believe there were two different color snakes. 

Besides, they're both bad @ss.

G

Congrats Joe on the awards for your two plane builds.  Military modelers are truly insane and your awards speak to their quality v. the competition. The reference pics on your stuka are interesting, I've not seen the tan serpent ones before....you've done your research that's obvious.   Cheers and look forward to your next thread / build.  Tim

Tim: Thank you for your comments. I'd been wanting to build that bird for around 17 years before I took this one on. I did all kinds of research on it before hand.

Harry: Thanks bud. I got beat by a pretty fair lookin' 109 B and this Stuka actually beat my all opened up Fw190 D-9. That was weird.

Kenneth: Thank you sir. Hopefully I'll have that dang F-100 finished in time for the Feb show. lol

Tim: Thank you for your comments. I'd been wanting to build that bird for around 17 years before I took this one on. I did all kinds of research on it before hand.

Harry: Thanks bud. I got beat by a pretty fair lookin' 109 B and this Stuka actually beat my all opened up Fw190 D-9. That was weird.

Kenneth: Thank you sir. Hopefully I'll have that dang F-100 finished in time for the Feb show. lol

What Super Sabre kit are you working on? Any links? I was well under way with a 1:32 scale F-100D and ZEL launcher, but I made some errors on the ZEL trailer, so have to begin again. I was fortunate to get some quite excellent photos from Boeing, of the ZEL trailer, and that's when I discovered my errors.

What Super Sabre kit are you working on? Any links? I was well under way with a 1:32 scale F-100D and ZEL launcher, but I made some errors on the ZEL trailer, so have to begin again. I was fortunate to get some quite excellent photos from Boeing, of the ZEL trailer, and that's when I discovered my errors.

Oh man! LOL Sorry bout dat Kevin. My Ford F-100. lol

• 4 weeks later...