Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 GMC General/Chevy Bison update 49 teaser

This will probably be it for updates for a while but wanted to do one final "set the pieces in place" as somewhat of a parting shot.

Hope you all have enjoyed and thank you for all the encouragement over the years..yes years..on this thing.  Lord willing, a reappearance will appear on the under glass section before too long but no promises are made.  Much to do (and redo) between now and on it and a few other things...

My only word of advice goes to those saying they can't.  TRY!  Budget, talent, and lack of tools are no excuse. Most of you know this thing is built out of junk and honest to goodness garbage on a shoestring budget. If not, please go back and read.  

Yeah, the critics will always be around and self can be the most ruthless.  Fault finding is easy.  However, I encourage all to make effort to do and create something and stick with it.  Take pride and comfort in that and share the lessons learned along the way so others may do even better in the future. 

I would for one, would like nothing more than to see one of the "masters" on this forum pull off a 1/16 Bison or General that would put this thing to shame. 

This thing has come together despite incredible odds.  And if I'm capable of a garbage heap glue bomb coming out this well, then yours will be even better.

Until next time, peace.

Edited by olsbooks

8 minutes ago, olsbooks said:

This will probably be it for updates for a while but wanted to do one final "set the pieces in place" as somewhat of a parting shot.

Hope you all have enjoyed and thank you for all the encouragement over the years..yes years..on this thing.  Lord willing, a reappearance will appear on the under glass section before too long but no promises are made.  Much to do (and redo) between now and on it and a few other things...

My only word of advice goes to those saying they can't.  TRY!  Budget, talent, and lack of tools are no excuse. Most of you know this thing is built out of junk and honest to goodness garbage on a shoestring budget. If not, please go back and read.  

Yeah, the critics will always be around and self can be the most ruthless.  Fault finding is easy.  However, I encourage all to make effort to do and create something and stick with it.  Take pride and comfort in that and share the lessons learned along the way so others may do even better in the future. 

I would for one, would like nothing more than to see one of the "masters" on this forum pull off a 1/16 Bison or General that would put this thing to shame. 

This thing has come together despite incredible odds.  And if I'm capable of a garbage heap glue bomb coming out this well, then yours will be even better.

Until next time, peace.

juuly 4 2018 002.JPG

Great job on that!!

• 2 months later...

well, call this a teaser.  over four years and countless miles/moves.  while there are still seats to fabricate along with engine intake and exhaust piping, from an external point, it is pretty darn close.  the hood, cab and sleeper are designed to be dropped into place using a pin and socket system sort of like lego's made from plastic sprues and drinking straws.  the idea is that when the next move comes, it wont be as much of a problem. also, it will help as this thing has been designed to be continually upgraded and reworked for the most part so it will never be completely 'finished'.  i do need to straighten out the air cleaner but that wont be a major problem.  

the search is for some micro connectors so that the hood and cab can have the lights plugged in and activated but keep those assemblies remain removable. until then, no functioning lights

four years...wow.  in terms of greatest developments that have come along since starting this, it would be the molotowe chrome pen.  in terms of things that will bug me to no end on this thing was not addressing the frame rail issue from day one.  as a reminder, it came from a kenworth and therefore is dropped in the front instead of straight.  

perhaps in time, more pix will be posted but my little camera is dying along with my laptop.   replacements for both are very low on the priority list at this time.

take care and thank you all for your encouragement and assistance.

peace

Edited by olsbooks

• 2 weeks later...