Model Cars Magazine Forum

Voodoo Psychosis

Dandydan

This car was on my calendar at work back in March and its been my labor of love since. I researched it and found out it was built by Voodoo Larry (Larry Grobe). The car went through several schemes and phases, but I combined my favorite elements in this build. I started with a Revell Special Edition frame, styrene scratch built rear half to achieve the ride height, a Jimmy Flintstone body, and Modelhaus Artillery wheels.

post-12343-0-08868100-1408414491_thumb.j

I matched the green as best I could with a satin spray bomb from Hobby Lobby. The front axle and six Strombergs are from the Revell Tweedy Pie kit, and the grille shell and headlights are from the Special Edition.

post-12343-0-73473200-1408414737_thumb.j

Edited by Dandydan

Thank you all very, very much for the kind words and compliments. Tom, I believe Andy is correct about the number for those wheels from Modelhaus-it's been a few months since I bought them and can't seem to find the paperwork. I also forgot to mention the finned brake drums are from Scenes Unlimited-I like to make sure I give the correct credit to all the folks that produce these quality parts!

Great looking build. You wouldn't happen to know the brand and color of paint for the body? I am building a modified version of Larry's Voodoo Creeper (in the workbench section under "Boulevard Creeper") and the main paint color is very similar. Plus, I want a satin paint anyway.

Later-

Looks killer.

They look like the T-650 set to me Tom.

Big and little street rod tires

30"fronts with 4 5/8 WW

34"rears with 6" WW 18" artillery wheels

THANKS FOR THE INFO & PART #'S ANDY, I WAS ABLE TO FIND THEM ON THEIR SITE.

DAN, I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER SEEN ANYBODY USE THOSE BIG REAR TIRES, I WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE AVAILABLE IF YOU HAD NOT USED THEM, GREAT CHOICE & THANKS