Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, where were we? I had two windshields, both glue burned and one cracked. I smoothed the best one, and vacuformed a replacement:

P5010069_zpsy3fp3x2s.jpg

I took the least glue-bombed interior, sanded some damage smooth, and used it along with Monogram Fox Mustang Recaros from the parts box, and a rally console with thermos bottles from an AMT '64 Falcon.

P4300066_zpsy1is7scn.jpg

Painted it all up this afternoon with Testors spray bombs. The colors are Some Kind Of Blue and Some Kind Of Pewter. I didn't want to use the same colors as the exterior. The dash was masked and the faces shot with Tamiya semigloss black.

P5030074_zpsudaanolz.jpg

Looking for a decal sheet from the new issue kit for the gauge faces. Further detailing will be basic, but it will have navy blue flocking and a CB radio.

-MJS

Edited by Maindrian Pace

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interior came together pretty well. I like how the center A/C vents on this dash are pointed at the driver and passenger.

Admittedly, I've been laying low on this project because I'm not crazy about masking for two tone paint jobs. Or really paint jobs in particular. The spoon test looked promising:

So the silver was applied first.

Next: Blue.