Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 67-72 Ford Pick-up news

Latest news on the Ford pick-ups is that third test shots ought to be on the way in the next 10-15 days. Work is underway on packaging and instruction sheets.These should be final test shots. If all goes to plan we should be able to get these kits into production shortly after that.

Once I have new test shots I'll try to get a 71 Ranger XLT built up quickly for box art and instruction sheet photography and will post some photos.

Edited by Dave Metzner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there going to be a long bed and short bed versions? 6 cylinder or 8? Or is it just one kit?

There will be multiple versions of this kit- long and short bed, 6 and 8 cylinder engine. I suspect that there will be 4wd versions as well as an early test shot revealed a 4wd setup.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Tim, those looked like nice renditions and hopefully a sign of things to come.

I did notice on the Tower Hobbies website that they have these listed for an April 2015 release, were you able to get any updates from Moebius on a release date? I ask because Tower tends to run a couple of months behind and the last word on here from Dave Metzner was possibly December 2014.

I am saving my lunch money!

Mike...no I didn't ask about release dates. Given the variables involved in getting a kit to market, my own philosophy is that any date a manufacturer states may well change anyway,

There was a huge scrum of people around the Moebius stand during much of the event; even though I didn't ask, I'll bet others did. Anyone hear anything that would answer Mike's question?

TIM