Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 67-72 Ford Pick-up news

Mike...no I didn't ask about release dates. Given the variables involved in getting a kit to market, my own philosophy is that any date a manufacturer states may well change anyway,

There was a huge scrum of people around the Moebius stand during much of the event; even though I didn't ask, I'll bet others did. Anyone hear anything that would answer Mike's question?

TIM

Their info at IHOBBY was 2Q2015. There was a placard by the display models. But, Dave would be the best to answer.

online today, 71 F-100 due out 12/2014, we'll see..

Al,

Can you say where you saw that? I checked Tower Hobbies and they have it as April 2015, Mega Hobby shows it as a pre-order (no release date) and I couldn't find any thing at Modelroundup.

I was hoping that the revisions wouldn't take too long and they would have this kit out soon, but who knows?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually no. Believe it or not, all the parts for both of the first versions have been tooled at the same time.

Art

This Idea was based on the Retro Box Art that Sven posted. The only other Artful Rendition that I have seen was. When the First when the Announcement was made that a 71 F-100 long bed was actually going to be made. I do not recall any Box Artwork for the 71, Although there may be some in the advertising at the Moebius website. However I don't visit that site often. Do you happen to know who will be doing the Box Art for Moebius, when the real product hits the store shelves?

Actually no. Believe it or not, all the parts for both of the first versions have been tooled at the same time.

Art

I believe I understood that all the parts for all the Bumpside versions (both those announced and other future variations) are being tooled before the first version of the kit will be released.

This is consistent with how several model companies (Revell and Moebius included) are doing new product development today, and is one reason why kits now take what seems like "so long" to get to market the first time.

TIM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Plastic parts are approved - finally! after the 4th set of test shots!! Box art instruction sheets and decals are under way - 1st quarter 2015 is pretty well right..

Will we be seeing any test builds of the actual kit parts any time soon?

• 4 months later...