Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 67-72 Ford Pick-up news

• 2 months later...

yes, I have that on preorder, mentioned in the first line of my post.  I was speculating on what they may do after that....

Me too, I always thought the '70 grill was one of the best. Chevy must have liked it too, they used a very similar egg crate on '71 pickups.  How about an F 350  with a correct period wrecker body?. This would be a winner for Moebuis!

IMG_1866.JPG

Me too, I always thought the '70 grill was one of the best. Chevy must have liked it too, they used a very similar egg crate on '71 pickups.  How about an F 350  with a correct period wrecker body?. This would be a winner for Moebuis!

IMG_1866.JPG

If you source the Midnite Cowboy kit, you can build the truck in the picture with the wrecker bed from that kit and the Moebius pickup.

I see the 1970 that's coming is a short bed.

What other version do I , or will I need to do a 1970 long bed ?

I want to do the truck used in Funnycar summer , I think its  a 1970 Long bed F250 camper special with a low profile camper shell on it

Is there a source for the 8 lug 16.5 wheels and tires and  the small hubcaps

How about the camper cap

Edited by gtx6970

I see the 1970 that's coming is a short bed.

What other version do I , or will I need to do a 1970 long bed ?

I want to do the truck used in Funnycar summer , I think its  a 1970 Long bed F250 camper special with a low profile camper shell on it

Is there a source for the 8 lug 16.5 wheels and tires and  the small hubcaps

How about the camper cap

If you can source an OOP 75 or 76 Ford pickup kit, I think it would have the camper top and larger wheels, IIRC.

Danny at Scenes Unlimited is casting 8 lug wheels, might have the hub caps too.

After some more digging. I figured out the truck I want to replicate is actually a 1971,

So while I was out this afternoon. Hit my local hobby shop and snagged the only one he had on the shelf .

Now, I need to find the wheels / hubcaps and a camper shell to fit it

If you source the Midnite Cowboy kit, you can build the truck in the picture with the wrecker bed from that kit and the Moebius pickup.

Good suggestion, thanks,  that is the straight body wrecker, not the curved one on the GMC. Is the midnight cowboy wrecker body the correct length for a 1 ton? It seems a little short or it may be my eyes.

Good suggestion, thanks,  that is the straight body wrecker, not the curved one on the GMC. Is the midnight cowboy wrecker body the correct length for a 1 ton? It seems a little short or it may be my eyes.

Yes, it's the wrecker kit with the weird looking cab on it, sort of like a mini Peterbilt. The wrecker bed is close enough to the correct length, although if you wanted to create your own bed it wouldn't be hard to do.

Dave,

there were picks of the kit parts that showed 4x4 gear,

these kits that are coming are all 2 wheel drive. How many 

more versions are coming after these if there are in fact 4x4 

versions of these excellent kits??

after the fords do they think they're going to do other makes

of trucks like GM or Dodge ??

I don't know the exact schedule for production of the different version.....and would get in trouble for sharing if I did!!!!

I can say there are many version down the road.....and some are ground breaking in scale kit world.

This new P/U is a limited run.....then the next version will be scheduled.   Thx

I really Really love these kits and so happy to see different years,versions etc. I for one was very thrilled to see the 240 six cylinder/3sp being done,there is just unlimited things you can do to these kits , but hate to beat a dead horse,I just wish somebody could master and sell a better grille for the '69.