Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 67-72 Ford Pick-up news

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone have an idea when this beauty arrives?

Nothing on the Moebius website nor Tower Hobbies, but considering the only changes (based on box art) appear to be the grille, I would think it could be here by the first of the year.

Hopefully Dave Metzner from Moebius will chime in with an expected date.

• 3 weeks later...

No. The idea seems workable enough, but the execution just doesn't cut it for a resin master. It's just not crisp enough.

Darn. Could you recommend bezels and possibly show us where you sliced and spliced grilles? I may try it. Thanks in advance. 

No. The idea seems workable enough, but the execution just doesn't cut it for a resin master. It's just not crisp enough.

Sorry to hear that..it still looks far better than Moebius' clumsy attempt at measuring/modeling the grille for this truck.

I sure wish they respected their customers enough to fix such a glaring error...

Edited by mike 51

It is amazing how much can be forgiven as long as the 'face' of a kit is right. When it's so obviously out of proportion, everything else is suddenly suspect. Not that we can probably expect corrections on this one as it was a limited run, but if they do reissue it, we can hope they're listening. It's an unfortunate hiccup in their well done variety of kits. 

Perhaps if they're planning to market another pre-70 edition, say, a '67, both grills could be done at once. I guess the magic word so often missing in these kind of reviews should be added here: 'please'  :P

mike  

Edited by mk11

• 3 weeks later...