Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius '65 Mercury Comet Cyclone news

I welcome the "Rivet Counting", as long as the "counters" know what they are writing about. Most of the time, it makes for a better model kit, and it gives me less work to do. After I finish a couple of projects, I want to get into the Mobieus 1961 Ventura. I have a plan for my build, and after seeing some of the completed builds here on the board, I have an Idea of where I am going on this one.

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked my back order status on the three kits I pre-ordered. It now has moved out for a fourth time. Now it went from June to September.

Any updates as to why it keeps getting pushed out?

Making it right?

Needed to make some fixes after 2nd test shots.. hope to have 3rd test shots around 1st week of June - If fixes have been made to our satisfaction, we'll get the kit into production..

Hope to have box art and instruction sheet by the time that the third test shot gets here..

Can't tell you more than that..

Thanks Dave

Needed to make some fixes after 2nd test shots.. hope to have 3rd test shots around 1st week of June - If fixes have been made to our satisfaction, we'll get the kit into production..

Hope to have box art and instruction sheet by the time that the third test shot gets here..

Can't tell you more than that..

Thanks Dave,

I can't wait..but I can wait cause to much on the scale shop floor.if it was out now.I would want to start it but would need to wait till caprice is done.thank you Dave for the update.and I want it as right as it can be.as someone said.."less work for me".

and also thank you Moebius.keep up the great work...love it....Chris 

• 3 weeks later...

A little bad news, got 3rd test shots last week, most fixes were made - not all.

Now I'm waiting to find out how quickly I can have corrections that still need to be made in my hands! Needless to say the guys at the factory have been informed of my displeasure in no uncertain terms..

Still hoping to have production kits before too much longer!

Will any of the variants of this kit feature the "Twin Nostril" hood shown on the light blue car in the previous post? I know that the test shot does not seem to show one, but I am curious for the future.

TIA

Edited by alexis

Absolutely want it right and appreciate your care and diligence on this but as was already said "not bad news" its part of getting things right.and I greatly appreciate all yours and the people in production making the changes.you all have a great day....thank you,Dave,Moebius and all others......Chris 

• 1 month later...