Model Cars Magazine Forum

It is HAWT!

metalhead

Can't believe it's almost September..summer went by way too fast...still got another 5-6 weeks of pool weather.

How do you not have pool weather all year round? Here in PA we don't get a lot of 90 degree days, especially this year, it really hasn't been a hot summer. But we'll go in the pool any day it breaks 80, and I heat it to 90.

Hard to believe that I posted this shot of my mailbox just six months ago...

I didn't even have a mail box then! Someone took it out sliding in the snow!

How do you not have pool weather all year round? Here in PA we don't get a lot of 90 degree days, especially this year, it really hasn't been a hot summer. But we'll go in the pool any day it breaks 80, and I heat it to 90.

I don't have a pool heater, and when the water temp goes below about 78 degrees I find it too cold..I like the water when it's over 90...

How do you not have pool weather all year round?

In the desert, temperatures drop at night to very chilly during the fall and winter months. It's amazing the temperature range we experience . . . other than during our 3-4 month Sizzling' Summer. That's when the overnight lows don't drop below 85-95. And that's why you don't need a pool heater out here.

Temps here haven't been that bad, considering what's been "normal" for most of my time in the swamp-east. Right now it's 65, with a high of about 85 expected later.

Most summers we have extended periods where it "feels like" around 100 during the day, and the nights are a high-humidity high 70s.

We've had a few of those this year, but overall it's been more comfortable than usual.

I work in an un-heated-or-cooled environment, typically at least 5 degrees hotter inside than outside (black roof, no insulation), so a little relief from the usual summer weather helps considerably.

Winter is coming!

Here, west of Philadelphia, it was down in the 50s over night. We had the windows open and woke up freezing in the middle of the night. It was 60 when I got up this morning, seems to have warmed up to 70 right now. And that will throw a wrench into our pool plans for the long weekend.

The weather is changing. Leaves have started to fall, per my needing to blow off the deck twice every day! Crud! :(

Ironically, I freeze my gonads off at work. I'm a forklift operator in the freezer section of our warehouse. It's -10 in the "warm" part and right underneath the blowers, it's -30. So, I'm sweating buckets and almost freeze to death during the duration of the day. It's especially brutal during the winter.

Edited by metalhead