Model Cars Magazine Forum

moebius founder's day sale

kool! just grabbed the 56 tim flock 300B for 18$ plus 8 shipping. wish they had all the new stuff available already!

looked around the site some and they do have a very impressive collection of monster and sci fi figures. really tempted on some of those monsters of my youth!

jb

I'm at $63.50 for shipping alone. It says on their page free shipping over $100 purchase, if the system overcharges you they will refund the shipping.

I don't see anywhere no free shipping on founders days sale.

Thanks in advance!

Van

This has me a bit concerned, too. I put the order through, and I will try calling them Monday morning.

I was at $117.50 in shipping , I put a lot of stuff back.

I don't mind paying for shipping, but I have to factor that into my final purchase price.

Sdcc14 Catwoman batpod 1/18 pre built is $5 off, not 50%.

When I placed my order, the shipping came up for $55 for 7 kits. I replied to the invoice email asking about the free shipping offer. I got a reply that the free shipping didn't apply on the Founder's Day sale, but that the shipping would cost nowhere near what the site quoted. When I got my shipment notice the price had gone down to $14. So, not as cheap as FREE, but still not a big problem.

When I placed my order, the shipping came up for $55 for 7 kits. I replied to the invoice email asking about the free shipping offer. I got a reply that the free shipping didn't apply on the Founder's Day sale, but that the shipping would cost nowhere near what the site quoted. When I got my shipment notice the price had gone down to $14. So, not as cheap as FREE, but still not a big problem.

Nice score on the kits with shipping!

What did you order?

I could not buy anything without knowing what the shipping cost was.

I filled that little cart several times, and just could not do it.

I set my buy limit at $200.

How much in sales did they lose for the 1 day?

I am going to try and phone in an order for the 1/18 prebuilt sdcc14 Catwoman Batpod and joker & bats kit tomorrow.

Posted on Their Facebook page

This Year's Sale!

Just a quick note concerning the sale we just ran. Still trying to dig our way out of it all, but the largest thing that's holding us up is the shipping calculations. With the sale, we typically send out an email stating that there is no free shipping when we discount so heavily for the one day. Our shopping cart is a very rough calculation at best, and is subject to change depending on actual weight and how many boxes your order may take. We're not Amazon. Outside of this one day, we average way less than one order per day so we cannot invest in a more precise shopping cart for one day's sales. We're not in the retail business!

I mistakenly forgot to list this fact on the page here that there is no free shipping as usual over $100 through the site. I just assumed everyone got the email. Most have been fine with this, but some have not, and all I can do is apologize to those that have an issue with it. If 50% off isn't enough, I'm sorry! And of course those whose orders have been delayed due to the huge amount of calls and emails that have put us behind in shipping deserve an apology as well. Next year, if we decide to do this again, we'll try to have a better system in place to speed it along, maybe add a person to pack some shipments.

But I do have some common sense tips for some of you. If you place and order for one item over $100, and it is discounted to under $100, that doesn't make it a $100 order even if the ORIGINAL price was over the mark. Again, this is where no free shipping comes into play. Also, email is always best. We have one phone line. We have one customer service person (Mace, if you don't know him). He can't process anything if he is overwhelmed Monday morning with phone calls about when your order will ship. Just too many variables for him to guess!

We have tried to do something for the customers out there that will maybe make them smile. Hopefully you're one of them! If this turns into a nightmare every year, we just can't continue to do it as it does disrupt our main business which is sales to distributors. It's nice when we can give back to the fans that have supported us, but at some point there's only so much that can be done with the limited staff we have. And sorry, we won't add employees or budget to discount for one day, that doesn't make sense! And of course apologies for this long winded note! For some reason, Facebook won't let me make paragraphs, so it looks like one crazy long mess!

Thanks, Frank

Nice score on the kits with shipping!

What did you order?

I could not buy anything without knowing what the shipping cost was.

I filled that little cart several times, and just could not do it.

I set my buy limit at $200.

How much in sales did they lose for the 1 day?

I am going to try and phone in an order for the 1/18 prebuilt sdcc14 Catwoman Batpod and joker & bats kit tomorrow.

Since I already have all of Moebius's car kits that I want, I bought some science fiction kits that I had my eye on, Battlestar Galactica fighters and Irwin Allen vehicles. All told, a little over $100, plus what I thought was a decent shipping price.

wow from that posting above sounds like they are on the verge of calling this sale too much trouble and not having it again in the future. that would be a real shame. and they are right, they are apparently NOT in the retail sales game, so this is double PIA for them to deal with.

I really cannot believe anyone would hold them to a free shipping policy when they are getting half off the msrp. just doesn't make business sense, not to mention common sense, that they would also throw in free shipping. and its kinda funny, kinda sad that people would argue that the price BEFORE THE discount was > 100$ so therefore they should get free shipping (that's after their common sense failing them in step one). AND THEN to think this free shipping was going to get the stuff to their door like overnight or something (you start realizing that Darwin might have been on to something there).

its fifty per cent off people, one half price. even discounters aren't going to be offering them at that price. don't look the gift horse in the mouth, know what I mean?

I wish I had ordered a couple other items now, but I have been going too crazy with the paypal lately as it is.

I just hope it kools out and they do have another sale next year. but anyone thinking person would see the folly of announcing such a possibility a year out, and particularly on the cusp of a lot of really groundbreaking releases. if it weren't for Christmas, everyone would be holding their breath for the "sale" coming up and then they would get inundated with orders that one day!

jb

Posted on Their Facebook page

This Year's Sale!

Just a quick note concerning the sale we just ran. Still trying to dig our way out of it all, but the largest thing that's holding us up is the shipping calculations. With the sale, we typically send out an email stating that there is no free shipping when we discount so heavily for the one day. Our shopping cart is a very rough calculation at best, and is subject to change depending on actual weight and how many boxes your order may take. We're not Amazon. Outside of this one day, we average way less than one order per day so we cannot invest in a more precise shopping cart for one day's sales. We're not in the retail business!

I mistakenly forgot to list this fact on the page here that there is no free shipping as usual over $100 through the site. I just assumed everyone got the email. Most have been fine with this, but some have not, and all I can do is apologize to those that have an issue with it. If 50% off isn't enough, I'm sorry! And of course those whose orders have been delayed due to the huge amount of calls and emails that have put us behind in shipping deserve an apology as well. Next year, if we decide to do this again, we'll try to have a better system in place to speed it along, maybe add a person to pack some shipments.

But I do have some common sense tips for some of you. If you place and order for one item over $100, and it is discounted to under $100, that doesn't make it a $100 order even if the ORIGINAL price was over the mark. Again, this is where no free shipping comes into play. Also, email is always best. We have one phone line. We have one customer service person (Mace, if you don't know him). He can't process anything if he is overwhelmed Monday morning with phone calls about when your order will ship. Just too many variables for him to guess!

We have tried to do something for the customers out there that will maybe make them smile. Hopefully you're one of them! If this turns into a nightmare every year, we just can't continue to do it as it does disrupt our main business which is sales to distributors. It's nice when we can give back to the fans that have supported us, but at some point there's only so much that can be done with the limited staff we have. And sorry, we won't add employees or budget to discount for one day, that doesn't make sense! And of course apologies for this long winded note! For some reason, Facebook won't let me make paragraphs, so it looks like one crazy long mess!

Thanks, Frank

Thanks for posting that info!

Not on the facebook so I would have not seen it.

Hope they do the founders day sale next year and keep the new kits coming!