Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is a model of an El Camino I once owned . It was actually a '74 that I put a '76 front clip on , so to avoid any confusion I'm calling it a '76 .

I started about four months ago by modifying a Chevelle stock car body , including lengthening the wheelbase . The bed is from the AMT '68 El Camino with a few modifications done to it . I modified the front bumper by adding the parking lights , and made my own grille and rear bumper . I used the headlights and interior from a Revell '77 Monte Carlo . The chassis is from the '68 El Camino and the engine was built from my parts box . The wheels and tires are from Fireball Modelworks .

The paint is Duplicolor Honda Starlight Silver Metallic , the stripes are my own decals , and it is cleared with TS - 13 .

I'm planning to build another one of these so I'd like some honest critiques and opinions . There a few things I'm going to fix or do differently on the next one but I only have two eyes and would appreciate your feedback .

Thanks for looking !

94 (2)

Edited by TooOld
  • Like 2

Thanks for the thumbs up guys !

That turned out excellent! Any in progress shots of the body? Sounds like a ton of work but it came out great

Thanks Fred !

Here's the WIP : http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=89458

Your looking criticism? There nothing to criticize. Other than I want see more of the '60 sitting in the back ground of one photo.

Scott

Thanks Scott !

Not looking for criticism , just any suggestions for the next one . . . guess I worded that wrong .

For more pics of the '60 go here : http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75334

Bob,

It's the nicest mid '70s El Camino ever put in 1:25, without a doubt. Finding fault is a daunting task, but since you asked, the front overhang is a tad long. Fender and hood length are correct, I'd say pull 1.5-2mm out of the header panel, back the bumper up to the fender seam and you're right there. Other than that, nothing, and that includes the way-tricky rear B pillar slope.

1977_chevrolet_el_camino-pic-61175.jpeg

-MJS