Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Track Rat" Fox body build - Finished!

exesivefire

I think they are? They were the wide daytons and I just popped out the plastic part..

I got one done, three to go.

DSC09163_zps0ee3cba5.jpg

DSC09164_zps75561087.jpg

Great looking wheels, do you have a picture of the pegasus wheels you started with? I have a few wheels of the integra kit that would like to make like yours but wwant tomake sure I order the correct pegasus wheels/tire combo.

What I am saying is that the LS heads and intake are a Buick design not a Chevy design. Yes I know they are both GM .

And I'm saying i am pretty sure that is not factual information. the LS1 debut was in the c5 corvette and then the Fbodies. The iron block motors went in GM trucks.

Great looking wheels, do you have a picture of the pegasus wheels you started with? I have a few wheels of the integra kit that would like to make like yours but wwant tomake sure I order the correct pegasus wheels/tire combo.

I started with part number 1198 chrome wide d'. I think Ive seen them avalible without the dayton style wheel as well but if I recall correctly the price was close enough that I just got these.

No, just repeating what the guys that build race engines say. It is closer to the buick is what they claim. I do not build race heads so I just took their word for it. I just chuckle because in the eighties the engines became a GM engine family anyway . The LS is a good design and produces great power it should just be called what it is a GM LS .

Looking great, nicely done!

LS engines in Mustangs is fine by me, great engines & in the real world much cheaper than a comparable newer Ford engine to modify ...throw an SN95 IRS in there too would be even better track car, they practically bolt-in to a Fox chassis ;)

The wheels look great too, where did you get the metal rims from?

Just checking ebay, I found these ($14 shipped), but I'm still looking for the better deal within north America to get from?

10646653_691538134273232_427566281221858